Clarkson's Farm

So if he did not have the money to put a real slate roof on his shop then they would rather kill the business even though it was planned to sell local goods to locals.

I thought the ingredients were from local farms? Did I miss it being explained they had changed plans? Or are you saying it was just from his farm alone?
Yeah they were. He had a meeting with local farmers during one of the episodes. They were going to supply him with whatever they farmed plus what ever he had on his own farm.

I didn't really get the whole money issue this season. I guess he probably paid for his mess ups, like breaking the plough thing on the telegraph pole.
I also assumed he sourced ingredients from other farmers for the restaurant he eventually opened. Not everything would have come from hsi farm alone.

but he only had beef on the menu from his own cow. There were pork farmers, dairy farmers etc who were going to sell him their overstock as well.

Anyway, i just felt that it lost a bit of the spirit from S1.

but he only had beef on the menu from his own cow. There were pork farmers, dairy farmers etc who were going to sell him their overstock as well.

Anyway, i just felt that it lost a bit of the spirit from S1.

I think the idea was to have a bigger kitchen, with more on the menu which included items from the local farmers. When he had to downsize to the tiny barn, I imagine the menu got downsized as well.

Finally got round to watching the final episode. Really enjoyed this series. The restaurant looks amazing. Nice location, great vibe. It reminds me of those Keith Floyd episodes where he cooks with a family in Southern France or some Italian farm and they all sit down out side on one massive long table ,as one massive family to eat, drink and watch the world go by.
I hope it does well for him.

I knew Peppa would end up being a pet :)

Finally got round to watching the final episode. Really enjoyed this series. The restaurant looks amazing. Nice location, great vibe. It reminds me of those Keith Floyd episodes where he cooks with a family in Southern France or some Italian farm and they all sit down out side on one massive long table ,as one massive family to eat, drink and watch the world go by.
I hope it does well for him.

I knew Peppa would end up being a pet :)
Got that feeling too with the feel of a "farm restaurant".

A few moons ago we were on holiday in the Begerac area of France and there was a duck farm which had a restaurant like this, majority of the menu was made of (probably not a suprise) duck and big sharing platters of veg in the middle. Bring your own booze and it was fantastic. Not many places capture that feeling over here. We did a couple of event nights at the Hidden Hut, Portscatho (before it was on TV etc) which came close.

Last edited:
My wife (polish) was in absolute fits of giggles with his brexit/Pole comment in the final episode last night.

Really enjoyed this season and share in the frustrations others have felt with the way the council treated him.

Clarkson’s Farm is one of those guilty pleasures. I started watching it out of the corner of my eye fully expecting to hate it but I actually loved it. It is cringeworthy at times but Also highly entertainino.

I'm trying to decide if the council are just that obnoxious to everyone or if they really don't like him and and are determined to make life as hard and complicated as possible.
Or there is the other angle that he's using the show as a vehicle to frame this in a light that looks badly on them i.e. editing has made it appear one sided and actually the reality is very different. i.e it's well known that the farm shop isn't really a farm shop, more just a way of selling lots of clarkson merchandise framed as a farm shop. Generally these are created to help the local community, and this isn't really the case or intent behind what he's doing. Same with the restaurant, it's somewhat decimating the local village with fan boys visiting in their thousands, I can see both sides. Never judge based on one sides edited version (propaganda) do some research and then make a judgement. Just my thoughts, feel free to disagree

Or there is the other angle that he's using the show as a vehicle to frame this in a light that looks badly on them i.e. editing has made it appear one sided and actually the reality is very different. i.e it's well known that the farm shop isn't really a farm shop, more just a way of selling lots of clarkson merchandise framed as a farm shop. Generally these are created to help the local community, and this isn't really the case or intent behind what he's doing. Same with the restaurant, it's somewhat decimating the local village with fan boys visiting in their thousands, I can see both sides. Never judge based on one sides edited version (propaganda) do some research and then make a judgement. Just my thoughts, feel free to disagree
I think you've made a fair point and it's worth bearing in mind, this is a reality TV show at the end of day.

Did you watch the show? Because all of that was in the show.

Back
Top Bottom