Clash of Clans

Associate
I'm guessing the idea is that you're quite happy to lose a battle (having had your town hall demolished) so you get 12 hours of shield in return, because once you pass 1250 trophies the big gem reward has been grabbed and nothing else is worth enough to keep battling for?

Associate
Started playing this a day or two ago, properly addicted, it says I need 800 trophies to join the clan, but I'm purposely hanging around 600-700 at the moment whilst I upgrade my defences. I'll move to 800 if i have to.

Any chance of joining the Clan, Currently level 6 Town Hall

This is mine.
f3dbf4daa0d8a0b37c6f866bd744b0a9.jpg

After I've been raiding I drop my TH to the bottom of the structure so I can get a shield whilst my mines are at work up and save me from multiple raids.

Last edited:
Soldato
of course we are interested. also what are you using to grab screen like that?

Yes, power button and home screen pressed simultaneously.

The idea is like Kevin Clark said, entice dudes to attack the vulnerably-placed Town Hall and my four best mines/pump things (I usually have a full compliment of traps in front of it, too) then, if they actually survive and get the Hall, my defences have pounded them so much they don't get any further. I lose the battle, but keep all of my currencies. Gold is far more important to me than trophies at the moment. I also get the shield to keep if I choose.

Many of them don't even get a star, especially as my Clan Castle is always well-stocked.

I'm still hunting that Dark Elixir, though. :(

Man of Honour
I would never attack you!

You certainly need the right troops and tactics, but when you do you can still get 200K of gold and purple from my map, though that is rare as I stay low in the cups as it's pointless collecting cups until you have the best walls and guns :)

Man of Honour
Has anyone noticed that the clan has been quiet recently? I know the leaders have been busy, but spit needs to get on a little more. Yesterday for example when we filled up so couldn't take on anyone new, but we still have people in the clan (not new) who haven't met their quota. Just doesnt seem to be much management at the moment.

We also need to communicate here more. Dealing with clan matters in the chat window isn't sufficient because the comments are only available temporarily.

Whilst posting, I also think that everyone should be made elder. There is such little difference between being elder or not, you may aswell have everyone on a level pegging and to leave the leader (hopefully an active one...come back rotters) have a more active role.

Soldato
Spits been on a break with his mrs, I gave it to him at an unfair time really, give him time. I'm looking forward to spits management and where he will take the clan.....

But you are right on the communication front. And I like the elder idea.

Soldato
Has anyone noticed that the clan has been quiet recently? I know the leaders have been busy, but spit needs to get on a little more. Yesterday for example when we filled up so couldn't take on anyone new, but we still have people in the clan (not new) who haven't met their quota. Just doesnt seem to be much management at the moment.

We also need to communicate here more. Dealing with clan matters in the chat window isn't sufficient because the comments are only available temporarily.

Whilst posting, I also think that everyone should be made elder. There is such little difference between being elder or not, you may aswell have everyone on a level pegging and to leave the leader (hopefully an active one...come back rotters) have a more active role.

Doesn't mean you should kick a fellow clanmate especially when Rotters said there place in the clan was secure.

On another note, I cannot seem to log on today anyone else struggling?

Man of Honour
Doesn't mean you should kick a fellow clanmate especially when Rotters said there place in the clan was secure.

On another note, I cannot seem to log on today anyone else struggling?

To fully secure his place he should have been made elder and it should have been posted here too tbh.

The log on issue usually passes. It usually helps to delete clash of clans as an actively running app.

Soldato
As in any gaming clan there should be a hierarchy, a chair/leader with a few underlings whom can assist as and when.

Giving everyone elder is a good idea providing they sit a trial period first.

Soldato
Best way to solve this...

New members join and have to donate X amount in the first two weeks...
If they do... they stay on as members, if not we get shot of them...
Members need to donate X amount every two weeks...
If they do... they are promoted to elder, if not we get shot of them...
You keep elder status by donating X amount every two weeks...
Failure to do so you get demoted to member, requiring you to donate to get promoted...

This basically equates to a system where any member with <X troop donations getting kicked... any elder with <X troop donations getting demoted, and on the flip side... >X means promotion to elder etc...

You can make it harder so 200 to stay at member but if you stay at elder you have to reach 500...

It'll lead to high donators (those who are on more) staying as elders, who can then help moderate the clan.

To make it easier to understand...

On the sunday at the end of the two week period:

New members need to have donated 100 troops to stay.
Members donating less than 200 are kicked.
Members donating more than 200 are promoted to elder.
Elders donating less than 500 are demoted to member.
Elders donating more than 500 remain as elder.

So for me... I am elder and have only done 300 this 2 week period... I will be demoted to member and thus need to donate more than 200 to become elder. Failing this will result in a kick.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
As a system i think that is fair, although tough to explain to those who dont visit the forum (who should be encoraged to join btw). My only issue to that is that I don't feel like ocuk members should get kicked. After all, it is an ocuk clan for ocuk members.

Soldato
I 100% agree that OCUK members shouldn't be kicked, but also feel that 100 a week isn't asking too much at all!

As I just said in chat... People need to state (here so there is a time record) if they are going on hols etc... so we dont kick them

(this also forces them to join the forum :p haha)

Back
Top Bottom