Classic flicks you've yet to see...

Permabanned
Being quite into cinema, there are times when I'm speaking to people about film and they mention one I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen...

Heat
Seven Samurai
Boogie Nights (despite being a massive PTA fan)
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Citizen Kane
It's A Wonderful Life
Westside Story
Akira
Pretty much every spaghetti western...

The list could go on, but I fear the shame. I've no doubt I'll get round to them eventually, but balancing gaming, books, films and a lady friend can be hard at times.

What's your shameful list?

The Sound of Music - to be fair doubt I will ever watch it but my wife was shocked that I hadn't

Haven't made it through Citizen King (one attempt).

Casablanca - seen bits of it but never all the way through

The Big Lebowski

Oh, and I only recently watched The Lion King again as my wife was shocked that I hadn't seen it :D

Soldato
I've not seen a few of the old time classics like Citizen Kane, Dr Strangelove etc but I have to admit I am unlikely to 'really' like them due to their age.

My big somewhat more recent one is Bladerunner, have never watched it all the way through. I watched about 45 mins one time but just couldn't get into it. It's weird as I should like the film but have never had a strong desire to rewatch.

Permabanned
OP
My big somewhat more recent one is Bladerunner, have never watched it all the way through. I watched about 45 mins one time but just couldn't get into it. It's weird as I should like the film but have never had a strong desire to rewatch.

See I'm just flat out not a big fan of Bladerunner. I can see why it's so heavily praised and I love it's aesthetic, but Deckard is such a rubbish protagonist. He doesn't do anything throughout the entire movie :/

Caporegime
I'm slowly working through the IMDb top 250. Some old films are still enjoyable, but some I find are much more products of their time and very relevant to the history of cinema but no longer enjoyable per se. I found Citizen Kane and Seven Samurai quite boring, though I know both are very influential. On the other hand old Hitchcock films are still generally very enjoyable.

Soldato
Too many to count, but there's far too many films out there.

I have Citizen Kane sitting by my TV waiting for me to have a go at.
Clint Eastwood westerns

and they're just to name a couple. There's too many for me to even consider typing them all out :p

Caporegime
About half of the IMDb top 250. Mostly the much older films though.

I tried a film a day starting from the bottom a while back but got a bit bored actually. :p

Soldato
Big film fan but Coen Brothers stuff is my real blind spot.

The Big Lebowski, Fargo, etc. always intended to watch them but never seems to be in the right mood and just never got around to it. The only 2 I have seen are No Country for old men and True Grit, both of which were very enjoyable.

OP - HEAT is one of my favourite films of all time, saw it in the cinema in 95 and was one of the films that really got me deep into films. It has an amazing soundtrack. Shame Michael Mann has never come close since. HEAT was actually a remake of Mann's own film called LA Takedown which is worth a look after seeing HEAT just for comparison.

Soldato
12 Angry Men (1957)
Life Is Beautiful (1997)
Casablanca (1942)
City Lights (1931)

Those are the ones in the IMDB top 50 list that I have yet to see.
Bar 12 angry men, doubt I could be bothered with the others.
Must do a Raymond and work on down the list filling in the blanks.

Back
Top Bottom