CoD: Advanced Warfare

Associate
So is there no interest in this game from the PC side at all?

This is the first time I can recall no official thread or any sort of interest and the game is out this coming Tuesday.

Associate
if it ends up running as pants as ghosts did, im not surprised there is no interest.

that said, i've ordered it. hope sledgehammer can do a better job than IW.

Soldato
I think there was some threads knocking around but no official one afaik where all the discussion is going on. The console section has one.

As for the game, I'm waiting for some reviews first. The MP part dosent interest me at all but if the SP campaign is good then I may consider it. I lost interest in the games MP after Modern warfare 2.

Haven't they finally updated the graphics engine this time around?

Soldato
I would love it to be good. Used to love cod.

After the last few I don't want to pre order. Will pick it up if it turns out to be good though.

Associate
I have been on battlefield 3 and 4 for a while now and I have not played a cod game since mw3. So after watching reviews of it I like the look of double jumping ect in a fps so pre ordered with season pass for pc.

Still loving bf4 tho :)

Associate
CoD:4 was my last. Was so simple.
Don't think I'll ever buy another CoD game.
They're just waiting to be put down now.

Soldato
I bought COD Ghosts from OCUK for £9.99 6 months after launch. I can wait until this game is the same price ;) Ghosts was down to £19.99 before xmas last year this will be as well methinks!

Ghosts still has issues with lockups on loading they never fixed it properly. I think COD franchise is no longer anywhere near as popular as it was thanks to Activision mis-management they concentrated on COD above all else & I think Activision will regret that as the games have rapidly declined in quality.

Ghost was stunning in places on PC & also had PS2 level gfx in other places strange mixture of stunning complex scenes then next level or even same level PS2 level gfx :eek:

Last week they said pre-orders are down a lot on previous COD titles looks like its finally burnt out/worn out the loyal playerbase with the OTT DLC releases & £70 minimum price tag.

Activision should have taken notice last year of Ghost sales being down & include all DLC for free in future & backdate that as well to existing owners. If they gave all DLC it would be far better value for money but no way they will do that unless they have no choice so the decline will continue like NFS series its going to slide until it either gets cancelled or they make a true nextgen title people actually want to invest in instead of reusing the same old COD game engine from the early 2000s :eek: this is using that same game engine with some shader FX mods like Ghosts did & they market it as nextgen :rolleyes:

Soldato
Soldato
Got the day zero edition for £26 so will give it a chance. I put less than 10 hours onto Ghosts it was terrible but over 460hrs into Blops2. Im praying its as good or at least close to blops2.

Associate
OP
Maybe try harder?

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18617076&page=3

I've preordered it though, really looking forward to it.

The cod bashing on here though is pathetic so you won't see much.

Why would I rez a 2 month old thread about mp? My search function incidentally works just fine.

Last year there was an official CoD thread which was 1000's of posts long, but this year so close to launch there is nothing. Which was my point. CoD was always such a popular game on PC, but now it would seem the tide is turning, at least on the PC.

Last year I said I would pre-order another CoD game, yet here I am having pre-ordered AW from CDKeys. I never really got into the mp side of things, but always enjoyed the single player regardless of how short they have become.

Soldato
Someone is streaming from NZ its live there now it unlocks today globally for preorders I think. The gfx are as expected very dated still using the same old game engine. SP is under 7GB vs Ghosts was 30GB :eek: after a few moments I could not watch the stream anymore this game looks about 10 years old :rolleyes: another nail in the coffin for COD not sure this series can continue much longer with no new game engine or ideas which are not stolen from other games like Titanfall, Crysis, Battlefield etc etc
http://www.twitch.tv/rekuja

Back
Top Bottom