COD: Modern Warfare 3

Soldato
They do that every time to get you to buy it..

The sounds in MW2 beta was spot on and then rubbish in the game..

complete Scam..
Why bother to fix things, then make it **** again?

I was going to buy this as the sound was much improved over MWII in the MWIII beta. I'll hold back and spend my money on a Steam Deck OLED instead.

Soldato
I’ve been out of the COD loop for a while but have them all up to MW2019 and Vanguard, seems like MW3 isn’t getting much love and seen mention MW2 isn’t good either.

So is it worth getting MW2 and MW3?
MW2 is great.

MW3 is getting such shockingly bad reviews that I am definitely not going to buy it at full price but may get it later if it's cheap.

Associate
MW2 is great.

MW3 is getting such shockingly bad reviews that I am definitely not going to buy it at full price but may get it later if it's cheap.
It's getting review bombed because of the campaign, rubbish launcher, and charging the price of a full game for what should've been a DLC. Sales figures are probably still great though and the general consensus seems to be that it's the best multiplayer in a while.

Associate
It's getting review bombed because of the campaign, rubbish launcher, and charging the price of a full game for what should've been a DLC. Sales figures are probably still great though and the general consensus seems to be that it's the best multiplayer in a while.

Yeah it's much of the same, with the added benefit of the progression carry over... I'm enjoying the multiplayer a lot, I always end up sinking 100's of hours into Warzone and the Multiplayer.

Associate
Yes maps are from MW2 2009 but they look great.
I refunded the game initially but re-purchased and really enjoying it now.
SBMM can be rough for an ould lad like me but TTK is very nice as is gunplay and its the best looking COD tbh.
The maps are great though only one or two weak ones imho.

Associate
I can't decide whether I'm enjoying it or not. My KD is crashing from previous CODs yet my accuracy is up to around 8% higher with all the guns I've used so far. SBMM is very rough especially playing solo.
I'm experiencing awful packet loss, latency variation and packet burst. Tried everything to no avail just yet. Will probably just have to wait until the servers aren't as busy.
I'd love to see combat pacing brough back from Vanguard. 6v6 on some of these older maps means running around looking for kills a lot of the game, and with the current crop of COD players not moving as much it's pretty difficult to find as many people.

Associate
I can't decide whether I'm enjoying it or not. My KD is crashing from previous CODs yet my accuracy is up to around 8% higher with all the guns I've used so far. SBMM is very rough especially playing solo.
I'm experiencing awful packet loss, latency variation and packet burst. Tried everything to no avail just yet. Will probably just have to wait until the servers aren't as busy.
I'd love to see combat pacing brough back from Vanguard. 6v6 on some of these older maps means running around looking for kills a lot of the game, and with the current crop of COD players not moving as much it's pretty difficult to find as many people.
Ok so I've just come off from playing a few games this evening. I must have been so bad in the previous games that they put me in some easier lobbies as I was having a pretty easy time. Waiting to boot it back up again and SBMM kicks back in and I'm back to doing awful.

Associate
Heres my weird answer to sbmm.
On mouse and KB i do pretty well, then i get into super sweaty lobbies so i plug in the controller and play a few maps then im thrown back into easier lobbies :)
For some weird reason id actually like to get good with controller as even for me when i do get close to a target i can fel aim assist kicking in, the problem is im so bad that general movement and aiming is a chore for me :p
So im killing two birds with one stone, slowly getting better with controller and not feeling the full wrath of SBMM :p
Im still woefully bad with controller :p

Soldato
The movement in MW3 is subline compared to MW2 which feels slow and clunky.. but the gunplay in MW2 is soo much better as the weapon balance of the AR's to the overpowered noob snipers and high TTK of the AR's

Makes no since to have 1 tap DMR snipers that ADS faster than an AR...

I don't even snipe but get 50 kills a game easily with them..

More people are playing hardcore which is much easier as the TTK of the automatic guns is too high..

Last edited:
Associate
Heres my weird answer to sbmm.
On mouse and KB i do pretty well, then i get into super sweaty lobbies so i plug in the controller and play a few maps then im thrown back into easier lobbies :)
For some weird reason id actually like to get good with controller as even for me when i do get close to a target i can fel aim assist kicking in, the problem is im so bad that general movement and aiming is a chore for me :p
So im killing two birds with one stone, slowly getting better with controller and not feeling the full wrath of SBMM :p
Im still woefully bad with controller :p
I played yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours and again in the evening. I got shafted. The decent matches I had on Friday night definitely put me up against lobbies with SBMM turned up.
Hats off for playing kbm. I've tried and my movement is dreadful. Aiming isn't so bad but I feel really clunky and like a bot when trying to use the keyboard!
I've changed up some aim assist settings and invested in some Kontrolfreeks this year. Aim is certainly a lot better but I'm just not killing as quickly as I'm being killed despite shooting first. Still levelling up guns and finding the best builds.

Associate
I played yesterday afternoon for a couple of hours and again in the evening. I got shafted. The decent matches I had on Friday night definitely put me up against lobbies with SBMM turned up.
Hats off for playing kbm. I've tried and my movement is dreadful. Aiming isn't so bad but I feel really clunky and like a bot when trying to use the keyboard!
I've changed up some aim assist settings and invested in some Kontrolfreeks this year. Aim is certainly a lot better but I'm just not killing as quickly as I'm being killed despite shooting first. Still levelling up guns and finding the best builds.
the servers are a poor state and i feel this is contributing dramatically to the feeling of being one shotted and losing gunfights you think you should win, its wildly inconsistent at times.

Associate
So i gave this a go tonight. I'm rubbish.

There was a few games where i and my team, had no footsteps at all. I think the other team did, but there was SOOO much camping going on, on both sides, it was difficult to tell. Other games seemed normal.

In a free for all match, footsteps were normal, except one guy who was completely silent, it seemed like the whole match but he could have been using dead silence, on repeat i guess. one other guy was silent too. Dunno if this is a bug my end or a perk of some sort. I havent had any audio issues in MW2,

Aim assist is still very strong. headshots seem to be more of a requirement as body shots seem to do less damage, which seems to make aim assist all the more obvious.

People seem more difficult to see, maybe i need to tweak some settings. i'm colour blind which doesnt help. The colour blindness settings are ok, but everyone uses them anyway, so still at a bit of a disadvantage. changes in colour dont stand out, only large changes in brightness, its difficult to explain to non colourblind folk lol.

i enjoyed some levels more than others. i havent played the old games, so none of these maps are familiar to me.

Frustratingly, it has carried across the weapons from the last game, but not the saved custom mods, dammit, i'll have to boot up the old one again and see what the attachments were.

jumping is too high still, like 5 feet in the air, ridiculous.

in game voices are still stupid "only a few in front of you now" when i'm very very last.

Overall though, i quite like it. hopefully once ive got the hang of it a bit, i wont suck so bad.... but probably will.

Back
Top Bottom