CoH : Tales of Valor released!

Associate
Crickey, the enemy AI has gone up a couple of notches with that new patch! They're actually competitive now in skirmishes.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Normally the AI will 'allow' me to easily mass up PE STG44 + Panzershrek squads, offensive vet them right up and create a infantry blob of death but I installed the patch and all of a sudden they spam out snipers ( not 2 or 3 but 8-10!!), call in lots of Rangers, straff runs and produce lots of MG's. I could not even leave my main base without losing an entire squad to a pack of snipers :( Normally with 3 other good players Hochwald Gap is fairly easy to win against 4 experts, last night we got pwned in about 10 minutes! :eek:

I pre-ordered TOV but its not even been dispatched yet, I thought the UK release date was today?

Soldato
Can anyone confirm that a TOV retail key works in steam?

I have both others on steam and was waiting to see the price, No way im paying that, I still have vouchers left over from xmas

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Is this better to get Retasil or in steam?

I like the idea of steam these days but is it really that bad on it? Surely the patching being auto is easyer?

Associate
Because recently the patching has been awful for it, patches that were 95MB had Steam downloading the entire thing again or much more than it should have. Also just get the game from the cheapest place, if you already own CoH of any kind on Steam you can log into your Relic account and access all of the games tied to your account.

Associate
Do we have a Steam Community group for CoH? Getting back into the game with this new expansion, and really want to play Stonewall (AI Assault Survival) with 'proper' players.

If you want to add me in-game, plug in AndyB.

Last edited:
Soldato
I havn't played this game much so I am a noob :) but would be up for some skrims and playing agains AI.

domthecondom add me :)

AndyB i'll add you but don't be shocked at how poo i am at this game :D

Associate
Well I got the game last Wednesday:D

I love anything to do with this game, and this expansion is more than welcome. However as far as I can see they have done more for the single player than the MP content. The new units are welcome and I will look forward to how the multiplayer landscape changes with these. However overall, for an expansion the content is a little on the shallow side and there is not much of it.

Don't get me wrong - I love it however for 25 quid (what the shops and some sites are selling it for (I got it for 15 by preordering months ago from a site that is now selling it for 25!!!)) I feel it may not fair well in the reviews. I reckon about 70-80% based on the lack of content only, not the quality... but we will see.:rolleyes:

Soldato
do u get anything extyra other then singleplayer stuff if u already own coh + OF because im presuming when you download the patch youll get all the maps and the new mp things and seens as they havn't added a new faction there is actually no reason to really buy this because well... do you buy coh games for the sp?

Back
Top Bottom