"Come meet a black person"

Associate
Not sure what the big deal is, a lot of racism and intolerance comes from ignorance and misunderstanding. This is a small way of addressing that.
I think the problem is that "black culture" has become synonymous with "gang culture". It's a double edged sword, white Americans see a black youth and assume they are a gang banger. Black youths feel ostracized and end up falling into the very stereotypes they are accused of.

Soldato
24A3BC3600000578-0-image-a-8_1421081989451.jpg

is it the same with rich white kids people think of this?

Man of Honour
Darkly hillarious though this is, racial politics in the USA is such a mess that people who live in towns where it's all White probably could do with meeting an actual Black person rather than a "media" Black person.

I just hope they don't ask if they can touch their hair. :rolleyes:

As the ethnic make-up of Lawrenceville GA is 44% Caucasian, 6% Asian, and 34% Black, it’s a
reasonable bet that a whole bunch of the good ol’ boys there have already met someone black.

Permabanned
I think this is actually a really good idea and wish the organisers all the best with this creative, and possibly fun, endeavour. Shame on the OP for his negative attitude of people trying to make a difference in society and being pro-active in organising things. I guess it's much easier to sit at your computer and make fun of things with the OCUK ROFL-brigade than try to go out and do something positive in life.

V F

V F

Soldato
I think this is actually a really good idea and wish the organisers all the best with this creative, and possibly fun, endeavour. Shame on the OP for his negative attitude of people trying to make a difference in society and being pro-active in organising things. I guess it's much easier to sit at your computer and make fun of things with the OCUK ROFL-brigade than try to go out and do something positive in life.

You cannot deny identity politics doesn’t exist and those who try to abuse it as well as manipulating and twisting it to suit their stance on things to weaponise it. Obama could have dealt with this a long long time ago but only fuelled it. Now it has become a weapon in discussions. :/

Lots of wrongs on both sides. Considering everything is politically driven nowadays. That and the biggest problem of all, the media.

Back
Top Bottom