1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** Coming soon ** - High quality Rollei Action Cams!!

Discussion in 'Latest News, Deals & Special Offers' started by Andrew Moore, Sep 3, 2013.

1. BUZZIN_NICE

Gangster

To be fair I have seen better action camera in terms of picture quality than all of the gopros for a fraction of the price. I cant remember the name of it but it was torch like. However, the holder was the let-down as it was very shaky in bumpy situations ruining the detail. It would be interesting to see a comparison side by side of these cameras alongside the gopros to see how it compares.

2. dlknight

Wise Guy

Spotted these last night - surely there is some sort of copyright / trademark infringement on these? Has O/C looked into it - they look so similar to a GoPro, even the attachment on the action cam is identical thumb bolt arrangement! - If I was GoPro I would be creating a lawsuit right now!

Anyway I found a good side by side comparison of the 5S and GoPro Black :)

Horses for courses really - I think the GoPro swings it with better image stabilisation and deals with poor light conditions much much better than the Rollei.

BTW I own a oldish GoPro 960 which still delivers great quality 720p recordings for my needs :)

3. Skunkworks

Soldato

I did some test footage, but between my dodgy mount and my lack of knowledge on rendering settings, it wouldn't have done the cam justice.

I'll give it another go when I have time.

4. Cupra

Sgarrista

This is better than both sub £100 cameras sold here.

5. Skunkworks

Soldato

Will these fit the GoPro mounts? I'm thinking of getting the chest mount for cycling.

EDIT: I'm sure I read that they do, but can't seem to find it again.

6. dlknight

Wise Guy

Wrong thread

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  7. Skunkworks

Soldato

If anyone's wandering, these will fit the GoPro accessories. I ordered a cheapy chest mount and it fits fine.