Command and Conquer 3 Announced!

gord said:
I would be unhappy about it being the SAGE engine, same old same old, but considering i bought a 360 and dont want to upgrade my pc for some time, im rather happy :D
It will of course be an updated SAGE engine, as always. They won't just take the ZH engine and change all the units, buildings and maps around. There's much more to it than that. Just looking at the screenshots in PC Gamer shows it has obviously undergone quite an extensive revamp.

NathanE said:
It will of course be an updated SAGE engine, as always. They won't just take the ZH engine and change all the units, buildings and maps around. There's much more to it than that. Just looking at the screenshots in PC Gamer shows it has obviously undergone quite an extensive revamp.

Naturlich, i did read the actual statements, they all say its an updated version and the screens do look ace.. but even so, i doubt they will have radically changed it enough to be resource hungry. Its a nice engine.

I loved the original generals, never got the ZH add on though. Got into the to 50 of Generals players online and then moved into modding the game working on http://www.derelictstudios.net/cta/ right near its beginnings and helping them get off the ground with modelling and skinning.

Yes that was a "sneak peak" trailer for Tiberian Sun :) The only relation it turned out to have was with some of the TS cut scenes, like when the Titan's and Wolverines storm the Nod base and a Titan gets its arm shot off by a Nod laser :o

Last edited:
i-bert said:
Can i just ask why you lot hate Generals so much?I though it was a great game.I only play RTS games single player though.

To sum it up the game had a total lack of imagination and no soul of the other C&C games, it felt like some other rts with C&C stuck on the front for marketing purposes.

XPE said:
To sum it up the game had a total lack of imagination and no soul of the other C&C games, it felt like some other rts with C&C stuck on the front for marketing purposes.
Exactly my sentiments too. It had no tiberium which meant it wasn't C&C in any shape or form. They definately fooled the younger generation of C&C players though :(

I liked Generals, but not as much. Resource gathering wasn't as fast, and this ruined the chance of getting an early tank rush in on multiplayer. I used to be able to get a harvester going, build 4 or 5 light tanks, find and destroy the enemy's ore truck, build a few more tanks, and finish them off quite quickly. Ahh, I used to love Red Alert online.

-RaZ

MoNkeE said:
I always thought it was for Tiberium Sun, as it had the mechs in it - AFAIK, Renegade never did? I could be wrong - I was an ankle biter at the time :)

-RaZ

NathanE said:
Exactly my sentiments too. It had no tiberium which meant it wasn't C&C in any shape or form. They definately fooled the younger generation of C&C players though :(

TIBERIAN Sun. Thankyou.

NathanE said:
Tiberium is the plural of the crop that grows and infests planets. Tiberian is singular and is used in the Tiberian Sun game's title. Thank you please.

Heh, just realised that you were referring to the crop and not the game title shortly after posting. I was too slow to get in my ninja edit :o

Ah well, I still caught out MoNkeE :p

Back
Top Bottom