Command & Conquer 4K remaster coming

Soldato
Have all the originals still on PC-CD they are classics but they are having a laugh with this it should be free to all! The graphics look like minimal effort has been put into them apart from upscaling the FMV's :rolleyes:

Soldato
Have all the originals still on PC-CD they are classics but they are having a laugh with this it should be free to all! The graphics look like minimal effort has been put into them apart from upscaling the FMV's :rolleyes:

Looks great for the money to me. Extra content that has never been on PC, upscaling for everything, complete multiplayer overhaul and mod support, UI enhancements and improvements, hours of videos that have never been seen before.

What more do you want for £18?

Soldato
I started on the Playstation so I know what you mean. I loved the game and remember waking up really early in the morning a few times just to play it.

I haven't been this hyped about any remaster yet!

The zoom out is actually really easy to fix. I have been playing it a bit myself and sorted it out.

Some kind of ini file change is it?

Associate
I just want to see the steam achievement list as this will be, only the second game I have ever 100%'d on Steam.

Unless there is some dodgy complete all missions without a soldier dying from walking over tiberium award :p

Soldato
Looks great for the money to me. Extra content that has never been on PC, upscaling for everything, complete multiplayer overhaul and mod support, UI enhancements and improvements, hours of videos that have never been seen before.

What more do you want for £18?
Something worth buying! FMV which has already been seen on other platforms (PS2 mainly I think) & or cleaned up a little is not something you will watch more than once. EA with all their resource could have done so much more & charged full price fans will pay that if you give it modern graphics at least. This is a lazy cash grab with minimal effort put into it something which modders could have done for free!!

Soldato
Something worth buying! FMV which has already been seen on other platforms (PS2 mainly I think) & or cleaned up a little is not something you will watch more than once. EA with all their resource could have done so much more & charged full price fans will pay that if you give it modern graphics at least. This is a lazy cash grab with minimal effort put into it something which modders could have done for free!!

Well it seems like this isn't for you. To me it seems not lazy at all, keeping the game feeling the same while overhauling the feel and the multiplayer is fine. Plus the unseen videos are actually unseen, as in not used in any version of the game before.

Associate
I think this is exactly what is needed. I still remember playing c&c during my GCSE year and not revising because I was just hooked on command and conquer. I am glad they have made minimal changes to the graphics because its about gameplay. Great games remain great however old they may look. Roll on 6pm. I wonder if plans are in place for a tiberian sun/red alert 2 update if this sells well.

Permabanned
Command & Conquer Remastered Collection Standard Edition (Digital)
Contains the complete Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert games, plus all three expansion packs (Covert Operations, Counterstrike, and The Aftermath), completely remastered music and graphics, UI improvements, and tons of bonus features and improvements.

Soldato
I think this is the one thing that frustrates me with digital releases, in the olden days could do to the store at 9am, but the game go home load it and be away, not have to wait for some abjuratory time no doubt set for the US

Soldato
I think this is the one thing that frustrates me with digital releases, in the olden days could do to the store at 9am, but the game go home load it and be away, not have to wait for some abjuratory time no doubt set for the US

With physical releases we were often weeks or months behind the US, I fail to see the issue with waiting a couple more hours.

Associate
yea preloading the game now, its 18.1 GB, all these remasters take up so much more space, must be due to the expansion packs, and the graphics, video cutscenes etc ? think the mafia 2 deluxe edition was a big download also

Back
Top Bottom