1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comments on console chipping or other piracy related talk.

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Burnsy2023, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Destination

Capodecina

I own neither, but out of interest, are the newer consoles xbone and ps4 chipped like their old friends used to be, or does the need for online remove such things from being performed?

2. DAIR

Sgarrista

No idea. Although Ive heard that console piracy is a big deal in South America.

3. danlightbulb

Wise Guy

They are a God send if you have younger kids. Can pick up games only a couple years old for pocket money prices. Kids arent old enough to mind if its not the latest games.

I am talking as a buyer rather than a seller - I don't sell to these places because you don't get much money back. That probably makes me a hypocrit but as a buyer it's as cheap as you can get, saving me money.

Interesting discussion on older games which resonates with me. There are so many old amiga or mega drive classics that no one is ever going to make any money from again, as probably nobody would pay for them in any great numbers if they were for sale. Yet they maintain a nostalgic factor that means every now and then I fancy cranking one up. I doubt anything would ever come of this for any individual user. Basically there is no loss.

4. dazzlaa

Gangster

Are discussions on Emulators allowed>?

5. DAIR

Sgarrista

No word on it not being allowed..