Community Shield spoiler

Soldato
Originally posted by Cemetery
Oh deary deary me. No tinted glasses here, imo retalliation = red card. Cole, Jeffers & Campbell each retalliated after a tackle & should have been off, thus there should have been no chance for Arsenal to be a better team as they would have been crushed most likely. Nothing like seeing it through tinted specs...I cannot see how if you are trying to be impartial you can disagree. Arsenal may have played better in the 2nd half...but they should never have had that chance.

Regarding Scholes iirc that was a late challenge, a kick to the shin & worthy of a yellow card, nowt more, maybe a 2nd yellow for Lauren for play acting or clearly he buys shin pads made of paper.

I admitted it wasn't a free kick. Butt got the ball and he got Vieira's foot as well, therefore not a foul.

Oh so Scholes foul isn't worth a red, good grief man. He kicked lauren on the side of the leg, i haven't worn shin pads in a while but last time i checked they protected the shin not the side of the leg ;)

As for Vieira he does over act but only in incidents when he was actually fouled, most of the time he doesn't dive.

Soldato
Originally posted by Jazz
I admitted it wasn't a free kick. Butt got the ball and he got Vieira's foot as well, therefore not a foul.

Oh so Scholes foul isn't worth a red, good grief man. He kicked lauren on the side of the leg, i haven't worn shin pads in a while but last time i checked they protected the shin not the side of the leg ;)

As for Vieira he does over act but only in incidents when he was actually fouled, most of the time he doesn't dive.

erm, so not a foul nor free kick but he only acts when fouled...so explain his rolling around & holding his knee following Butt getting the ball :p

And I may be thinking of something different but it looked like he connected with the shin to me & not even full force, it was totally different to the 3 Arsenal players who lashed out after a tackle, do you seriously not agree?

You also haven't mentioned if you think they should have been off & thus shouldn't have had the chance of having a better 2nd half ;)

Another side point but Keane seemed to do the job against VERA today didn't he, got in a few good challenges though neither really allowed the other to boss the game.

Associate
I agree :)

Don’t know what game you were watching jazz but I don’t think any of the united players did anything to warrant a sending off!

Sol and Cole should have been sent off; you g00ners seem to be getting away with murder at the moment! First, the two goals they scored which were off side at Highbury last season and now the free kick which should not have been and the two players which should have been sent off! jeez :confused:

IMO Howard played well and has great potential, looks sharp and quick in the games i've seen him play in; also Djemba-Djemba impressed me he seems to fit into the team very well!

All we need now is another striker upfront, just been watching MUTV and Viduka has been mentioned, IMO he would be a great signing for us, he would get a lot of service from our team!

Associate
Cole deserved a red for his second reckless challange.. also im not the only one who thought because the commentators also said he is very luck to still be on the pitch!

ok RVN dived, not as bad as you make out! Max a yellow card.

Don
Originally posted by CliffyG
and how can you suggest anyone other than RvN needed penalising for diving :confused:.

The RVN incident had be in hysterics , just how long wat that gap between the smallest of challenges and the "I've been shot" dive ? luckily the ref didnt even see it or I think he would definately have been booked for it

Still trying to work out the Arsenal keepers "penalty" tactics , lets keep running to each end of the goal to make the other side huge , bizarre theory

Associate
Originally posted by Rotty

Still trying to work out the Arsenal keepers "penalty" tactics , lets keep running to each end of the goal to make the other side huge , bizarre theory

Lmao, it would have been funny if someone had just tapped the ball into the opposite corner while he was running from side to side we would have looked even more pathetic!

Don
Originally posted by Badboy2k3
Lmao, it would have been funny if someone had just tapped the ball into the opposite corner while he was running from side to side we would have looked even more pathetic!

I was expecting someone to do that , really would have had some explaining to do

thumbNail.asp

Last edited:
Soldato
Originally posted by Badboy2k3
Don’t know what game you were watching jazz but I don’t think any of the united players did anything to warrant a sending off!

Sol and Cole should have been sent off; you g00ners seem to be getting away with murder at the moment! First, the two goals they scored which were off side at Highbury last season and now the free kick which should not have been and the two players which should have been sent off! jeez : confused :

A man utd fan agreeing with cem, well i don't believe it ;)

Let me get this correct. Cole lashes out at Ole so he should be off, Sol lashes out at Djemba after recieving a foot right near his nuts and he also should be sent off. HOWEVER when Scholes is tackled fairly and out of frustration he kicks Lauren hard, that is ok. Maybe Lauren should have got a yellow card for being in the way of Schole's kick?

Our 2nd goal at Highbury was offside, go check the NEW offside rule if you don't understand why Henrys first goal stood. There has to be daylight between the defender and striker for it to be offside according to the new rule.

We all know at Old Trafford no dodgy decisions go in Man Utd's favour, i mean if anything they are harsh on Man Utd ;)

Originally posted by Rotty
The RVN incident had be in hysterics , just how long wat that gap between the smallest of challenges and the "I've been shot" dive ? luckily the ref didnt even see it or I think he would definately have been booked for it

That RvN dive had me in stitiches, he gets slightly touched, about 1 sec later he realises it and suddenly goes tumbling to the ground. Good grief, the ref would have booked Rvn LOL, Rotty you know more about footy than me and tell me will a ref ever book him for diving in england?

Associate
cole had already been booked tho so it would have been a second bookable offence, scholes deserved a yellow card for his kickin but it was only his first so he wouldnt have been off and it wasnt retaliation like campbell kickin djemba in the ass

Soldato
Cole should have been off and so should have Scholes. If Jeffers was given straight red then they should have as well IMO. Sol should have got yellow coz he really should know better.

Don
Originally posted by Jazz

will a ref ever book him for diving in england?

Unfortunately according to FA rules section 18 paragraph 4 then this is not likely to happen

18.4 All Man Utd players and management are exempt from any rule at any time as they see fit , in the event of dispute the final arbitration panel will refer the matter to Mr Alex Ferguson for his final and binding decision on such matters " copyright the FA ( Friends of Alex )

Back
Top Bottom