Compatible storage drives for LENOVO Laptop Legion 5 Pro 16ITH6H Gaming 16'' WQXGA IPS/i7-11800H laptop (purchased from Greece)

Associate
Hi, I recently bought the LENOVO Laptop Legion 5 Pro 16ITH6H Gaming 16'' WQXGA IPS/i7-11800H from Greece. The laptop came with 1tb storage and I'd like to expand it. I have read that I can expand it either using a SATA ssd or a NVME (I apologize if I didn't write them properly, I do not have deep knowledge on this subject). Also, I read that if I choose a SATA ssd the read/write will be slower compared to the nvme but I can get more storage space. Any recommendations regarding which storage should I go for? I don't use the laptop for gaming, it's more for professional usage. I think I want to go with nvme storage, 2tb at least (4tb would be the ideal one but if there is no such nvme ssd then ok). Many thanks

Soldato
The Legion 5 Pro will only take m.2 drives and the spec sheet I have only mentions NVMe. I have a 2TB WD Blue SN570 in mine as well as the original 1TB Hynix and I'm happy to recommend it. 4TB NVMe SSDs are available but they're not common yet and disproportionately expensive.

Soldato
You can download the hardware maintenance manual from Lenovo's web site and this will tell you how to install the new SSD. The 5 Pro is not the easiest laptop to take apart so make sure you know what to expect before you start. We have a good population of users here so shout if you hit any problems.

Back
Top Bottom