COMPETITION TIME! - Design a landing page for Xenomorph and Predator!

Man of Honour
EDIT - spoilered early efforts to avoid clutter

m539O8L.jpg

1z735ub.jpg

Final entry - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/30771198/

Last edited:
Associate
It depends but it can be as high as a few thousand.

Exactly, I used to be a designer and would vary my rate (was freelance), but I'd go for around £300 a day as a base (London prices mind you a few years ago), to do this properly could take at least that length of time, if not more if it goes back and forth a few times.

Soldato
It depends but it can be as high as a few thousand.

LOL, what?! If you go to Saatchi & Saatchi maybe! A single ad like this isn't going to cost anywhere near that, and if a company like OCUK were paying that much they wouldn't stay in business very long. Nor would any graphic designer trying to charge such a crazy amount. Sure, you could pay thousands for a series of high end designs from a top agency, but that's not what we're talking about here.

V F

V F

Soldato
LOL, what?! If you go to Saatchi & Saatchi maybe! A single ad like this isn't going to cost anywhere near that, and if a company like OCUK were paying that much they wouldn't stay in business very long. Nor would any graphic designer trying to charge such a crazy amount. Sure, you could pay thousands for a series of high end designs from a top agency, but that's not what we're talking about here.

No, you can make that kind of money with some smaller companies for small work that might take 2 - 3 weeks. Give or take the feedback between companies. Its the chopping and changing and everyone putting their feedback in that is crappy. It ends up with they mostly not sure exactly what they want then feedback can totally change the next day. You can sometimes be starting over again.

Most companies are willing to pay.

Man of Honour
Can 5UB clear a couple of things up please ?

The only case images i could use with any accuracy were the ones shown in my picture/effort

1 ) 'Mirroring' the case ( which makes the page more symmetrical ) puts the window,usb ports and internal layout on the wrong side - which could be misleading to anyone looking to buy

2 ) Using the non windowed picture shows an AMD cooler on the Intel speced pc

And i won't mention that the ASUS graphics card is the same as the Sapphire one with the logo removed ;)

Basically, how accurate do the case pictures have to be on the landing page ?

Lastly, how much space do you want dedicated to Noble Chairs, as it is not included in the case/system purchase ?

A simple line and logo ? or images aswell ?

Might edit mine depending on your answer

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Can 5UB clear a couple of things up please ?

The only case images i could use with any accuracy were the ones shown in my picture/effort

1 ) 'Mirroring' the case ( which makes the page more symmetrical ) puts the window,usb ports and internal layout on the wrong side - which could be misleading to anyone looking to buy

2 ) Using the non windowed picture shows an AMD cooler on the Intel speced pc

And i won't mention that the ASUS graphics card is the same as the Sapphire one with the logo removed ;)

Basically, how accurate do the case pictures have to be on the landing page ?

Lastly, how much space do you want dedicated to Noble Chairs, as it is not included in the case/system purchase ?

A simple line and logo ? or images aswell ?

Might edit mine depending on your answer

1) You're right, it maybe best to try avoid flipping the system images because the layout would be different.

2) Please use the red and green system provided, we understand the configuration inside is not correct in the Predator but this is something that we can change later.

3) Please use the Asus logo for the Predator, and the Sapphire logo for the Xenomorph.

noblechairs needs to be mentioned at the bottom as little advert as such, just letting people know that they can improve their comfort with these awesome chairs! :)

Feel free to use the noblechairs logo and images.

Back
Top Bottom