Complete new build

Associate
OP
Well I have to communicate over Skype and he's not fantastic at this side of things.

But we got his CPU set to all cores at 3.6 for the time being, that's on stock cooler and in the same Phanteks case. But it's in a closed cupboard so it's choked for air and that seemed to be as quick as we could get it without it getting too warm.

For his RAM we tried to change the voltage to 1.25v iirc and manually dial in the timings but that wouldn't boot. We updated the BIOS and it only gave 1 DOCP option which was, funnily enough, 3200MHz which is what he has (G.Skill Trident Z). But setting it to DOCP in the BIOS would not boot at stock CPU or overclocked, so for now he has abandoned overclocking his RAM

when i did it i only had 1 docp option for 3200mhz and voltage was set at 1.35 for ram, can you use say team viewer and take control of his comp or something. is he on the 1001 bios ?

i know a lot of the guys in here stand by the asus strix b350 f gaming as a great board, but i guess i was unfortunate in the problems i encountered and recieved no support from asus or the retailer i purchased off.

i then decided too change my board to the ax370 gaming 5 from gigabyte and buy from overclockers and my system has been great since

Associate
when i did it i only had 1 docp option for 3200mhz and voltage was set at 1.35 for ram, can you use say team viewer and take control of his comp or something. is he on the 1001 bios ?

i know a lot of the guys in here stand by the asus strix b350 f gaming as a great board, but i guess i was unfortunate in the problems i encountered and recieved no support from asus or the retailer i purchased off.

i then decided too change my board to the ax370 gaming 5 from gigabyte and buy from overclockers and my system has been great since
Honestly I think he is happy enough just leaving it for now. It's just me who won't drop a bone. I don't like not knowing something

Back
Top Bottom