Confederate flags in UK trucks? WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
[TW]Fox;17186685 said:
You are expecting knowledge and rationality from... a lorry driver?

Flag debate aside.
Fox...
Without the lorry drivers knowledge and rationality you would not be eating your coco pops in the morning etc.
What amazes me is that the majority of people think that their weekly shop appears by magic in the store.
Also...
You order xyz from OC and expect it to be on your doorstep next morning.
How do you think it gets there??
OC magic wand??
No...
Lorry \ van drivers (including warehouse) working long hours.
I hope that I didn't burst you magical world bubble.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fox...
Without the lorry drivers knowledge and rationality you would not be eating your coco pops in the morning etc.
What amazes me is that the majority of people think that their weekly shop appears by magic in the store.
Also...
You order xyz from OC and expect it to be on your doorstep next morning.
How do you think it gets there??
OC magic wand??
No...
Lorry \ van drivers (including warehouse) working long hours.
I hope that I didn't burst you magical world bubble.

What does that.....
have to do with
the....
intelligence of a driver?

Caporegime
Dunno.
Ask a lorry driver.

You don't need to be a genius to get a trailer of Coco pops or indeed a trailer full of Oc/Uk goodies from a to b so I don't see what point he has either....

As for the flag, its part cab decoration, part lunacy in my view.

A chap works at our depot with the Confederate flag in his rig, he's well into Country & Western , likes to wear a cowboy hat when he's driving....

If you goto Lymm trucktsop (J20 M6) you'll find all kind of Flags, banners blue lights (and films!) to decorate your HGV as you see fit if it floats your boat.

Not for me, ta.

http://www.lorrybits.com/index.php?...rucks&oscsid=12addb6d15a320459f7a315cb8a6b5bf

Soldato
Confederate flags are put up in the UK by either people who have no idea what it stands for or people who are racist, but in a "states rights kind of way but my mate Chris is all right but send em all back" not a "whites are the superior race"

Soldato
633558562116225920irony.jpg

:p
lol :D
i think its just a fad,

Soldato
It's the same way Asian people love wearing Nazi clothing, they just have no clue.
In Japan and India, they are obsessed with Nazi regalia, because the crimes of that regime had nothing or zero bearing to do with them. So you get idiot UK truckers brandishing these abhorrent and disgusting confederate flags. Do me a favor and castrate them on sight.

edit: I just noticed this is an old thread which I posted in multiple times already :eek: I guess my previous posts still counts - people just don't understand what the flag stands for.

Last edited:
Caporegime
bit of an old thread but....

each to their own

it doesn't necessarily have to have racial connotations - perhaps they like the southern US

In other news - urban youth in London wear clothing/merchandise relating to various US sports teams despite never having been to the US or even watched a game by the sports team concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom