Confess your guilty pleasures...

Soldato
Not sure really, Garden State's one of my favourite films which some people say is a little gay, but I'm not sure why!

Books-wise I love a good heroic adventure - David Gemmell, Conn Iggulden sort of thing; not exactly fantastic literary prowess, but an awesome read. Think they're about my guiltiest pleasure...don't match up to liking Lady Gaga though!

Associate
Nobody better bring this up in the past, but... Girls Aloud :(

1) They are stunning... apart from the ginger.
2) It has the stunning Cheryl Cole
3) It has the stunning Cheryl Cole
4) I find most of their singles pretty darn catchy

Soldato
Justin Timberlake! :o

slow20motion2020pistol2.gif

Soldato
Books: Erik Nyland's Halo Novels
Don't really feel guilty about much else.

Edit: Oh wait. Hanson. Mmmbop. Long time since I even thought about it though.

Soldato
I've been listening to a lot of Andre Merritt and Chris Brown lately. Slightly worrying as I generally can't stand R&B etc.

This is going to sound totally messed up but I hate mainstream bands/artists that are nationally/internationally loved and shoved in my face via TV, radio etc. Such as the Kings of Leon(I can't stand the sight of them) therefore it's beginning to make me think that I'm liking Chris Brown only because of recent Rhianna related events which have pretty much turned the world against him. :p

Man of Honour
Not sure really, Garden State's one of my favourite films which some people say is a little gay, but I'm not sure why!

I wouldn't call it gay or even a rubbish film, it's just one where nothing all that much happens, it seems to meander a bit to a not totally satisfactory conclusion but maybe that's just me preferring films with a strong narrative which I didn't find there.

I remember a few years ago on a Saturday nightshift at work myself and six other men sat down and watched "Bridget Jones's Diary" :eek:

After it was finished we all admited we quite enjoyed it and said we'd tell no one ;)

And now you've revealed it, shame on you. :p

Associate
Scrubs (even had a little cry when season 8 finished, much better than season 7):p

Smallville- dont know why I like this so much

The obligitary Star trek fan

Books- I like anything by Ben Elton, i really enjoy his books

Films, I enjoyed and maybe shared a tear for - What dreams may come (With Robbin Williams)

Vanilla Sky, really enjoyed this film

American Beauty, thought this film was very powerful:cool:

Soldato
My guilty pleasures would probably have to be:

Books - Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt novels, all pretty (very) formulaic, Dirk is near a ship/damsel in distress and saves the day, then has to hunt down the evil doers who have been the cause of mysterious ship losses/deaths, with the help at some crucial moment of a kindly old gent called Cussler who is invariably on a small boat or mule.

I'm with you. I'm reading one at the moment, well a Kurt Austin one actually.

TV-wise, I'm an American Idol addict. It's the only thing I watch other than Lost.

Music-wise I love Girls Aloud and the Saturdays. Got a soft spot for a bit of bangin' donk as well.

Soldato
Nothing really music wise. Cept maybe foreign pop music. Equivalents of Girls Aloud.

TV: The OC and 90210

Movies: Roland Emmerich and Michael Bay movies(cept 10,000BC and TF2)

Soldato
music wise here's a list of shame:
some spice girls songs
s club
bit of britney
or any bubblegum pop from 90's era i grew up in & still like the music

1 question, what's wrong with TATU? there a good group

Soldato
Late 90's denim-wearing girl band B*witched. Is there any finer song than "To You I Belong"?
Movies: I love Armageddon, but then it seems like quite a lot of other people do as well.
TV: Friends, is that a guilty pleasure? I certainly do feel guilty when the audience goes 'Woooooooooo!' because someone kissed or a mildly famous actor poked their head in.

Back
Top Bottom