• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

:confused: 3dMark results are lower when i O.C. Asus Turbo GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

Soldato
Thank you, to both of you! And what you'd do, use the MB connectors or the fan hub?
Cheers.
I use a combination of both
That way I can control all fans on each radiator together
So got 2 x fans for 240mm rad on a splitter on 1 header
And the 360mm x 2 radiators on 2 hubs as not keen on 3 x fans on one header unless it's high amp
Due to fans drawing more power at start up

Off out see you guys later

Ps I see an Asus 1080ti on a well known auction site
In leeds
That your one?
Or just coincidence?

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
Well, i forgot to mention that the front fans are on a spliter (so they are together on same wire) and the upper fans are on a 3 ways splitter as well, so those are on one wire as well. So dont need to use both MB and the hub, i just dont decide if to manage fans through MB hence Asus MB soft or to leave them on that hub.
Cheers!

I use a combination of both
That way I can control all fans on each radiator together
So got 2 x fans for 240mm rad on a splitter on 1 header
And the 360mm x 2 radiators on 2 hubs as not keen on 3 x fans on one header unless it's high amp
Due to fans drawing more power at start up

Soldato
Well, i forgot to mention that the front fans are on a spliter (so they are together on same wire) and the upper fans are on a 3 ways splitter as well, so those are on one wire as well. So dont need to use both MB and the hub, i just dont decide if to manage fans through MB hence Asus MB soft or to leave them on that hub.
Cheers!
It's whatever works best for you really
Including cable management
On my last case I also used a fan controller
That way certain fans I could adjust with out needing software
New case has no bay for it though

Associate
OP
This 2070S GPU dont have a reference pcb, and...of course is not fitting with reference waterblock... and the O.C.'s dont know any waterblock that fit on this GPU... At the moment of buying i asked O.C. over the phone but they wasnt able to shed a light about....
Nice....
I just ordered from NVidia, straight.... and i will send back this to O.C. Pitty, cause the GPU seems well build and specs are attractive!
But....

Soldato
This 2070S GPU dont have a reference pcb, and...of course is not fitting with reference waterblock... and the O.C.'s dont know any waterblock that fit on this GPU... At the moment of buying i asked O.C. over the phone but they wasnt able to shed a light about....
Nice....
I just ordered from NVidia, straight.... and i will send back this to O.C. Pitty, cause the GPU seems well build and specs are attractive!
But....
You are not having much luck mate

Associate
OP
Yep, its exactly my feeling now!
But... the sun will come on my street after all. Or i will go to kick his arse and to bring it if not come by itself! :D

l.e. i have no idea why on earth they chose to do a custom pcb when the specs, after all that eforts, are so close... in my opinion is not worth to spend so much time and energy to think, project then to build a custom pcb when the specs after all are pretty the same, +-1%
But... what i do know about.. they are much smarter and hope they know... why...
It will be so funny if the gpu coming straight from Nvidia wont have reference pcb...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
There is good part tho: today, first thing i did when i received this GPU been to mount it on PCI-E, as it comes, with air cooling, and then i over clock-it to check if is somethig wrong with my bios or my PSU or something like that. And from the first attempt, it goes no problem at all in 1980 Mhz, monitor it with GPU-Z as well to confirm.
So now i know for sure that was something wrong with the 1080 Ti and not from me. Maybe the vbios or who knows what but....i, with your massive help, we tried everything we could.

Caporegime
Naaah, i seen him every single working day as we work together, same place. My best revenge will be to dont talk with him at all and to look into his eyes.

lol a work colleague ripped you off. by not only overcharging for a 1080ti but selling you a duff one to boot?

I have mates at work and I usually give them mates rates or even for free.

Associate
OP
Finally i have the GPU (RTX 2070 Super) mounted in rig, with waterblock, 38-43 celsius in games 1440p.
Should i turn off the integrated graphic of CPU (I7-7700k) ?
Cheers!

Soldato
Finally i have the GPU (RTX 2070 Super) mounted in rig, with waterblock, 38-43 celsius in games 1440p.
Should i turn off the integrated graphic of CPU (I7-7700k) ?
Cheers!
Great to hear
I would just leave integrated on
God forbid~but if anything went wrong with the 2070S
Then being able to boot on integrated is useful
Did the old gpu go on auction site?
Been too busy to look
Thought I might pick it up cheap lol

Associate
OP
Wow what a read and what a scumbag your colleague is. I'd go to HR and tell them he touched you inappropriately in the gents.

Ha ha, good one! Really good one!
Well, no, i speak with him as much as he came to me to speak. After 2 days he got guts to come to ask me how is the GPU. And i said to him everything but without being nervous or any offend to him. And he said that to him it worked perfectly. Hmmm... to me as well actually, but without busting.
Is not worth to offend someone more than he offend himself doing what he did!!!!
What a nerve he had....

Associate
Hi guys. Read this whole thread as I am in the same situation as OP. Might be opening a closed case here, just thought I’d shed light from a similar perspective. Exact same GPU (Asus Turbo 1080 ti) and Waterblock (Bykski). And the same problem, stuck on idle and default clock speed.

I guess that’s all. Except maybe asking whether I should give up as well? Is there anything else to try, really? I had mine since purchase, but unfortunately never checked the clock speed before I watercooled it. I’ve tried basically everything.

Seems like a very rare case this.

Back
Top Bottom