*** Control (Remedy Games) ***

Associate
Just watched DF video on the DLSS 2.0 on this.

I have been playing on DX11 mode with no issue. Just tried DX12 again after watching their video, I even put it to 1440p DLSS so the resolution is something random.

Vsync on maxed out all RT on. locked 60fps, peak of about 85% GPU usage. Temp around 70c.

Crashed after about 5-10mins again. Just freezes and I have to ctrl+alt+del then sign out to recover it.

** EDIT ** Sorted it, I realize I am talking to myself but thought I would update in case anybody has an issue. I set the .exe to run in compatibility mode with windows 7. I found something on google that said some people experiencing crashing putting win7 mode on should fix it.

I Ran the same settings as before, the best of an hour all good!! Nice to have those reflections back, honestly in the game they make a huge difference. **

Last edited:
Soldato
It's on sale now and I still have the Holiday discount code so maybe it's time to pull the trigger along with the expansions... but if it launches on Steam at 50% off like Metro then maybe I should just wait those 5 months as it's a good game but not utterly amazing.

Still quite tempting because of the quarantine:p

Associate
It's on sale now and I still have the Holiday discount code so maybe it's time to pull the trigger along with the expansions... but if it launches on Steam at 50% off like Metro then maybe I should just wait those 5 months as it's a good game but not utterly amazing.

Still quite tempting because of the quarantine:p

Where from?

I was going to get it on Steam when it came out, looks interesting....

Soldato
Where from?

I was going to get it on Steam when it came out, looks interesting....

On Epic Store itself, -35% and with my unused Holiday sale voucher around -50%.

Even if I grab the Season Pass, the price is decent but I don't really like Epic and thinking about getting it on Steam after the second expansion gets released, possibly at a discount. 5 months of waiting though and we don't know the pricing...

Caporegime
This is an amazing video demonstrating the power of nVidia DLSS. It's actually got me quite excited but it's a shame it's not a technology that can be applied to all games at the driver/hardware level.

Soldato
It's an excellent moment to buy it, I thought I got a good deal a month or so ago but this is insane as the codes apparently apply to DLC as well.

If you get the free game, you get a code, you use it to buy the base game that's already at -50% and you get another code you can apply when buying the Season Pass.

Great price for a great game.

Soldato
I've enjoyed it, but had to give up as it's got stupidly difficult and I'm having to repeat the same section over and over. I wish they wouldn't ruin games by thinking everyone wants a massive challenge when it's enjoyable enough as it is.

/rant :p

Associate
I don’t think so, although there was talk of Remedy wanting to create a shared universe for their games similar to Marvel’s Avengers.

Rebrought this on Steam just so I can dump Epic.

Soldato
Just played through this over the weekend. Very hardware intense game but pretty for sure. Struggled to hit 60fps at 3440x1440 with a 1080ti at med/low settings no RT of course.

Very fun game actually i think to any potential buyers here are on the fence i would say this : If you are a fan of David Lynch i would highly recommend this... If you aren't don't play it.

If you don't know who David Lynch is then you need to go watch some of his stuff.

I absolutely don't understand what half of it was about but im sure i will figure out more on my next play through ( i will be playing again when i upgrade to a 3000 series rtx ) so i can have that lovely RT + DLSS goodness

Man of Honour
Been enjoying it and really hammered it over the weekend, very well done RT in this. Brilliant follow on from Alan Wake, which I also greatly enjoyed.

Soldato
Out of interest, seeing as how the Physx logo is displayed during the intro, how is this implented with AMD cards?

For sure, the physics are great with my 1070, just wondering how they are with the red team.

Back
Top Bottom