*** Control (Remedy Games) ***

Caporegime
Yep. Signatures don't show on mobile but I logged in on desktop and his sig states:

32b G-Skill Trident 3600C16

Which is basically the same as my system (which doesn't have the stutter)

I have:

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (2x 16GB) 3200MHz

But running at 3600Mhz

Soldato
This game looks really enjoyable but I'm starting to get sick of those Epic exclusivity deals, they even took Shenmue 3 and Metro. I really want to have everything on Steam with all the achievements and functionality etc. instead of having to deal with another inferior launcher, like we don't have enough of those. Epic are trying to fight Steam's monopoly with even worse exclusive practices instead of service quality and prices.

I understand many people don't care and will happily use Epic. I have absolutely nothing against that but I can't bring myself to support them. I don't know how much Remedy got paid but I think they'll lose a lot of sales due to this not being on Steam for a year.

Soldato
To be honest, it's quite refreshing not hunting down every bloody collectable for some pointless achievement that literally nobody (but me) cares about.

Yeah, I get that, I'm not an achievement guy myself but it's fun to get those you unlock by just playing and some are cool enough to add to the game.

Besides, Steam is just overall significantly better so far but I guess you can't win against business. It'd be nice to see if Epic can compete with other stuff when a game is available both on EGS and Steam but I think they know full-well they can't, hence those deals.

Soldato
To be honest, it's quite refreshing not hunting down every bloody collectable for some pointless achievement that literally nobody (but me) cares about.

I've never really understood the draw of achievements personally.

I've owned a PS1,2,4 and a 360 along with PC's and couldn't care less about any of them that had achievements.

All about playing the game for me and not whether I get a gold star for killing 1000 hobgoblins.

Each to their own, though.

Associate
Holy **** :) . I was in place in game where some strange "bowl" was attacking me on lightning room ,and she destroying all debris and woods near. It drops even to 29 fps on 1440P with many many particles destroyed :) 2080 Ti Aorus Waterforce and 9900K.

lol nice.

Ok i left with 1440P DLSS-> 960P and its fine

Soldato
Are you playing in DX12? If so have you tried adding an exception in Windows exploit protection settings?

We worked it out last night. It is windows idle memory bug. Running ISCS with 3GB instead of 1GB removed all stuttering. Those with 32GB aren't effected

Associate
one of the best games I have ever played.
I usually get bored quite quickly but this had me hooked all day yesterday.
I had some teething issues so turned off the windows 10 exploit software for DX11 and rolled back the nvidia driver to one from March.
there are some truly jaw dropping graphics in Control. 10 out of 10 for me.

Soldato
Picked this up last night, great fun! Very fun combat. However, at 1440p my 2080ti running it max craps it's self when RTX is turned on high. But the style of the game being what it is, I don't mind the lower frame rate.

Back
Top Bottom