CoolIT ECO A.L.C. and Corsair H50 Comparison / Review

Associate
yeah but they won't even have their new radiators till the end of June, so add the 2-4 weeks lead time to that :(

$124 USD pretty reasonable you think?

Associate
I've had my eco coolit for a couple of months now and one thing I've noticed is that the pump is quite loud. Has anyone else noticed this or do I have a bad unit?

I wish I had known that dual rad version was comming out :(

Associate
Basically the H50 and ECO ALC compare, in price, to the top end HSFs. Stock configuration is about the same as the same HSFs. Except with HSFs you get a big, heavy and noisy heat dissipation. In comparison with the CPU coolers they are small or at least low profile on any motherboard, easier to install and much, much quieter. You might not get the most efficient cooling like you would from a full WC setup: If you don't have the resources, time, money and experience to fit a WC'd setup then this is perfect. Also this setup comes complete and factory sealed meaning no maintaince requirements.

As I have previously said when I setup my ECO ALC it will be with two Scythe Gentle Typhoons (120mm 1850RPM) and IC Diamond 7 thermal paste. I hope that it will easily overcome the cooling performace of my current HSF, Zalman CNPS9900A-LED PWM Tunnel Flower Cooler, which was cooling on idle to around 68 degrees Celcius (Far, far too hot). I myself ideally wanted WC not only do I not have the money once I have installed it I will have no time for maintaince.

I've had my eco coolit for a couple of months now and one thing I've noticed is that the pump is quite loud. Has anyone else noticed this or do I have a bad unit?

I wish I had known that dual rad version was comming out :(

Me too: Though it doesn't appear to be on sale yet. I am sure the single radiator will be sufficient.

Last edited:
Associate
Maybe I could rma mine cause of the noisey pump and get a dual rad instead :p

Does anyone else have a loud pump? I can hear mine over the top of my stock antec 1200 fans which aren't exactly silent.

Actually I don't think I could even fit a dual rad in this case D:

Last edited:
Associate

Does anyone else have a loud pump? I can hear mine over the top of my stock antec 1200 fans which aren't exactly silent.

When I recieve the parts for my new build I will tell you how loud it is.

Associate

Hi Boozebeard, this is Barry with CoolIT. Thanks for your comments and for using ECO :)

The pump should be silent if not near silent (depends on how picky you are) but definately should not be the loudest thing in your case so yes, you should request an RMA. Just to be sure you did give it straight 12v right?

As for the dual rad, you need two adjacent 12cm fans.. what chassis are you in again?

ps. i'm working on getting a batch over to UK soon. i'll be there in a couple weeks and will get it figured out when i'm visiting the OCUK connect gang ;)

Cheers,

Barry

Associate
Well It's plugged into a sytem fan header so I would assume it's getting the full 12 volts.

I've got an antec 1200 which does have 2x120mm fans at the back but the top one is flush with the roof of the case and It seems the rads extend slightly beyond. I can't attach my single rad to it, have to use the fan below.

I will do some tests with the eco just to see if I can get it to quiten down.

Last edited:
Associate
Well I put the old heat sink back on and tried running the eco out side the case and it was almost silent. I put it back in and it's gone back to it's old ways. Must just be my case amplifying it or it vibrating the motherboard or something. It's by no means an annoying sound so I'll just leave it.

Associate
HI boozebeard, yeah molex is guaranteed 12v for you. System headers are USUALLY 12v but you have to check this in the bios. CPU fan headers are almost always regulated.

If she's running slient outside the case but you can hear it inside the case, yeah it sounds like vibration off either the fan mounting to the chassis or the ECO head mounting to your socket. Check to make sure both are properly tightened my friend.

Regards,

Barry

Soldato
these enclosed watercooling systems are CRAP simple as i dont know why we get such large threads on them.....

There is a large thread because people don't want there pc's sounding like a plane and no room from a stupidly oversized cooler, had my H50 for 8 months now and it keeps my i5 750 sitting @ 4 gig and is super quiet and temps are great, enough said ;).

Man of Honour
There is a large thread because people don't want there pc's sounding like a plane and no room from a stupidly oversized cooler, had my H50 for 8 months now and it keeps my i5 750 sitting @ 4 gig and is super quiet and temps are great, enough said ;).

Nice OC on a 750. What Vcore?

Back
Top Bottom