• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core2 E6600 max voltage?

cavemanoc said:
If you're happy to run with high temp/volt then you would definitely be a candidate for the Titan Amanda - The pelt will be working full time and should give you a nice cool down!

Im watercooled so I have no intention of buying this item, however, I have quickly checked out the reviews and it turns out that this is THE cooler to buy if you want to overclock on air. Why isnt everyone buying this cooler?

w3bbo said:
1.8v - See G.W.Bush
:D

The Laughing Ma said:
So what best describes folk who run their cpus under 1.3V?

edited ;)

<1.2v - Your pc is run by a h&D psu (hamster & dynamo). You fear the electricty bill so instead resort to the animal slavery trade. Your fear of electricty is only rivaled by your contempt for hamsters.

1.2v - Your the type of person who will tell your shivering kids to put another sweater on instead of turning the heating up. The wife once asked you to put another bar on the fire and you filed for divorce. You treat your cpu's the same way.

1.3v - You're the type of person who never breaks the speed limit and never walks under a ladder - you probably have a fish on the back of your car too, wear tweed and flat out refuse to try something that may excite your life.

1.4v - You like the occasional risk like having Brown sauce instead of ketchup. You get excited and yet fell naughty when the speedo hits 71 on the motorway.

1.5v - Now you're talking. Likes the thrill of taking a chance and pushing things but will not go to an uncomfortable 'its gonna blow' level. You value your hardware (and your wallet) and sense will always prevail over speed.

1.6v - Pushes everything they have to the max, lives life on a knife edge but still retains a sense or mortality. The type of person who, despite repeated warnings will still go against the grain to get what they want.

1.7v - Total lunatic. This is the type of guy who will sell his soul(children/wife/cat) for that extra 5mhz.

1.8v - See G.W.Bush

....I have too much time on my hands :o :D

Hehe, my conroe's still running stock 1.2V on my badaxe, I just cant be bothered to get the conductive paint to enable the debug/overclock bios options.

Still stable at 3Ghz and runs nice and cool.

As for the heating... out with the jumpers and blankets... cold room is so much better for overclocking ;)

4ghz @ 1.6v :eek: :)

Getting above 3.8 was a pita and required excessive vcore tbh. Gonna try undervolting next to see what it can do - seems I'm missing out on some fun :p

w3bbo said:
4ghz @ 1.6v :eek: :)

Getting above 3.8 was a pita and required excessive vcore tbh. Gonna try undervolting next to see what it can do - seems I'm missing out on some fun :p

I know what you mean I'm going to see how low I can go :)

Stelly

w3bbo said:
3ghz on 1.2v is nice tbh - well done m8 :)

Thought the default vcore for conroe was higher than 1.2 tho, 1.3-1.35?

I think it varies from chip to chip, or at least batch to batch, the chip identifies itself with VID, and the motherboard sets itself accordingly.

With EIST on, im getting [email protected], and [email protected]. As I said, I have a Badaxe, so cant change the Vcore unless I can be bothered to paint over the debug solderpoints.

<3 my conroe!

cavemanoc said:
If you're happy to run with high temp/volt then you would definitely be a candidate for the Titan Amanda - The pelt will be working full time and should give you a nice cool down!

KEWL :eek: I like the look of that!!! I only have about £40 atm so if I manage to sell my zalman aero flower for £20 I will go for that!!!

Would a budget water cooling kit to cool the cpu for £60odd beat the TITAN TEC????

w3bbo said:
edited ;)

<1.2v - Your pc is run by a h&D psu (hamster & dynamo). You fear the electricty bill so instead resort to the animal slavery trade. Your fear of electricty is only rivaled by your contempt for hamsters.

1.2v - Your the type of person who will tell your shivering kids to put another sweater on instead of turning the heating up. The wife once asked you to put another bar on the fire and you filed for divorce. You treat your cpu's the same way.

1.3v - You're the type of person who never breaks the speed limit and never walks under a ladder - you probably have a fish on the back of your car too, wear tweed and flat out refuse to try something that may excite your life.

1.4v - You like the occasional risk like having Brown sauce instead of ketchup. You get excited and yet fell naughty when the speedo hits 71 on the motorway.

1.5v - Now you're talking. Likes the thrill of taking a chance and pushing things but will not go to an uncomfortable 'its gonna blow' level. You value your hardware (and your wallet) and sense will always prevail over speed.

1.6v - Pushes everything they have to the max, lives life on a knife edge but still retains a sense or mortality. The type of person who, despite repeated warnings will still go against the grain to get what they want.

1.7v - Total lunatic. This is the type of guy who will sell his soul(children/wife/cat) for that extra 5mhz.

1.8v - See G.W.Bush

....I have too much time on my hands :o :D

Very witty, I like that. :D :p

Yes I am finally able to apply myself to the hamster powered category. E6600 at 3.0Ghz running at 1.192V. Check out the picture of it doing a TAT run at that Voltage. Strangely the temp difference is only 1 or 2 degrees however the ambient temp is 3 degrees higher than it was last time I did a TAT run at the higher Voltage.

Insane Undervolt

The Laughing Ma said:
Yes I am finally able to apply myself to the hamster powered category. E6600 at 3.0Ghz running at 1.192V. Check out the picture of it doing a TAT run at that Voltage. Strangely the temp difference is only 1 or 2 degrees however the ambient temp is 3 degrees higher than it was last time I did a TAT run at the higher Voltage.

Insane Undervolt

That must be CPUZ under-reporting, no? Why is it so hot with barely more than a volt running through it?

I have my 6600 at 3.015GHz with 1.28V so maybe I'm jealous at not reaching the hamster level :D

Heres mine with 1.2v set in bios
32lowv8yp.jpg

peaked at 40 degrees and went lower as i opened cpu-z :)

Back
Top Bottom