Cork or screw???

Caporegime
Well when people say "corked" they are just talking about oxidation yes? The chances of that happening in a screw-top are far, far less likely. Almost to the point of being impossible. What's your point?

It's not almost impossible and can result from incorrect handling during the production process.

Soldato
It's not almost impossible and can result from incorrect handling during the production process.
From my understanding for a screw-top it most likely affect a whole batch so the likelihood of it getting all the way through the chain to a restaurant table is very, very slim. God, who's actually ever been served a bottle of corked wine at a restaurant? I certainly haven't. So the chances of being served a "corked" screw-top for your average joe is infact, pretty close to nil. Which if you read my post is exactly what I was insinuating. Happy now?

Caporegime
From my understanding for a screw-top it most likely affect a whole batch so the likelihood of it getting all the way through the chain to a restaurant table is very, very slim. God, who's actually ever been served a bottle of corked wine at a restaurant? I certainly haven't. So the chances of being served a "corked" screw-top for your average joe is infact, pretty close to nil. Which if you read my post is exactly what I was insinuating. Happy now?

Naaah. I'm still feeling some hesitancy from you.

Associate
ThriceNightly and it'll be empty. Also, wine in the fridge means you're likely drinking white therefore your opinion is invalid.

Wrong guess on white i'm afraid old chap...don't touch the stuff.

I happily drink drink red chilled from the fridge this time of year and for that matter ale / stout / porter.

BTW brew majority what i drink myself ...... use 1 litre screw top re-useable PET bottles.

Picked 2 kg blackberries this afternoon for a blackberry wine ;)

Back
Top Bottom