Corsair Carbide Air 540 Builds

I was thinking of making a new thread but I might as well carry on here :)

I brought this case last week, it was nothing like I have had before, so I thought I would go for it.

Spec:

Intel i5 2500K - Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 - Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4 - 8GB Exceleram White 1600Mhz - Samsung 840 250GB SSD - 1TB WD Caviar Black 64MB - Intel HD Graphics 3000 - Corsair AIR 540 - Corsair HX1000W PSU

I used to have a white and black theme in my old case (CM Storm Stryker) But now I think I am in need of a change, any thoughts?
I was thinking orange and black/red and black/green and black as I will be upgrading the motherboard soon.

There is one problem I have found so far with this case, the fans are loud, and I am not the only one who has noticed.
Which fans would people recommend? I would have said the corsair range, but having it already got corsair fans installed I don't think that will help.

Dan

I was thinking of making a new thread but I might as well carry on here :)

I brought this case last week, it was nothing like I have had before, so I thought I would go for it.

Spec:

Intel i5 2500K - Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 - Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4 - 8GB Exceleram White 1600Mhz - Samsung 840 250GB SSD - 1TB WD Caviar Black 64MB - Intel HD Graphics 3000 - Corsair AIR 540 - Corsair HX1000W PSU

I used to have a white and black theme in my old case (CM Storm Stryker) But now I think I am in need of a change, any thoughts?
I was thinking orange and black/red and black/green and black as I will be upgrading the motherboard soon.

There is one problem I have found so far with this case, the fans are loud, and I am not the only one who has noticed.
Which fans would people recommend? I would have said the corsair range, but having it already got corsair fans installed I don't think that will help.

Dan

Agree. The fans are horrid. I changed them the min I got the case. I use the AF140 and with a fan controller it's extremely quiet. I have no issue at all with noise. My case us super super silent. I'm very happy with my 540.

I don't find the stock fans too bad if I'm honest. I run them at about 700-800rpm and they seem pretty quiet.
The loudest thing in my case is, unsurprisingly my graphics card fan under load. Stupid HIS 7950 IceQ BOOST...

Ive got mine boxed up next to me. Are you running them off a fan controller? Or a simple 7V mod?

Unlucky, my Gigabyte Windforce 7950 is DEAD silent. Stopped the fans an inch from my ear and couldnt hear a thing.... ill stop rubbing it in :P

Just using onboard fan headers and controlling via fan control software. They will speed up if the case temp gets too warm.

I've had 2 GTX 670 Windforce 3X cards so I know how loud they can be. That, along with the no overvolting is why I didn't get a 7950 WindForce 3X card (I was considering it). I don't think the IceQ is as loud as a Windforce 3X (GTX 670 version anyway), it's just the loudest thing in my system.

Not sorted my cables yet, but they will be ready soon. I'm going for a White and Green combo.

In the meantime I made a false bottom for my case to hide the hideous HDD racks. It isnt finished yet but it's not far off. The two spots are where I need to drill holes for my PCI-E cables to pass through.

I'm not sure whether to leave it white or have it black with a thin white and green stripe.

And with the side on

Thanks to Setter for the Black SLi bridge too, far better than the brown one Asus originaly supplied me with

Last edited:
Finally got around to taking a couple of pictures of my build using my new camera and tripod, need to take some ones in the dark I think to really try and capture the glow, because in daylight the front panel was reflecting too much light so had to take it off to take pictures.

I modded the rear so I could fit my combo pump/reservoir high up without having to move the SSD cage, plus it allows me to be able to see the water level without taking the back off, and very easy to fill :)

Used an Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 360 radiator (fans outside case) & an Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240 radiator (fans inside case).

It kinda looks like a Borg Cube :P

I just want a sexy SLI Bridge now, I hope those ones from EVGA come out soon :)

ig4r.jpg

49rh.jpg

4yoc.jpg

EDIT: Resized, forgot how big the pictures were :P

Last edited:
You may want to resize, I love how you've done the res at the top, I'm assuming that allows you to use it as a fill port?

I have resized, forgot how big the images were before uploading them.

Yes because the reservoir comes out of the case I can use the inbuilt fill port, no need to make one. I used some rubber from window fitting and used silicone anti vibration washers to keep it firmly in place and keep it noise free :)

Back
Top Bottom