Corsair Force Series LS firmware S9FM02.0 update.

Associate
Just ran a firmware update check for my SSD via Corsair SSD Toolbox and it stated that firmware version S9FM02.0 was ready to download and install however it also stated that it was a destructive update so i will loose all data on the drive! ... Does this include the OS?

Had this drive for quite some time now but never had a destructive firmware update thus far so not 100% sure on how it works? I was thinking of cloning my SSD and running the update then restoring my drive from the cloned image. Would i have to run the firmware update, re-install windows then restore the clone image?

Oh and while we are on the subject has anybody got any recommendation on a good free SSD cloning app?

Thanks.

Associate
Just ran a firmware update check for my SSD via Corsair SSD Toolbox and it stated that firmware version S9FM02.0 was ready to download and install however it also stated that it was a destructive update so i will loose all data on the drive! ... Does this include the OS?

Yes, it'll leave the drive totally empty.

Had this drive for quite some time now but never had a destructive firmware update thus far so not 100% sure on how it works? I was thinking of cloning my SSD and running the update then restoring my drive from the cloned image. Would i have to run the firmware update, re-install windows then restore the clone image?

You wouldn't need to reinstall Windows after the update, just take an image of the drive beforehand, then restore this, see below.

Oh and while we are on the subject has anybody got any recommendation on a good free SSD cloning app?

I use Macrium Reflect. Once installed, it'll prompt you to create a rescue disk - this is a CD that you can boot from, so you don't need an OS installed in order to restore an image. Basically, once installed, create the rescue CD as prompted (and preferably boot from this to test it works), take an image of your SSD, save it to an external drive (or your other HDD), do the firmware update, then boot from the rescue CD and restore the image. Hope that makes sense!

Macrium is pretty easy to use but any questions, shout up, there are quite a few users on here including myself who'll be able to help :)

Associate
OP
Thanks! Macrium Reflect sounds awesome, ive put the site in my favorites for future reference ..... So with Macrium Reflect not only can you create a boot CD but also clone a SSD/HDD to restore from?

Wish id have known about this the other day, tried some software i googled, clones my SSD to a external and tried to boot from it .... Just didnt work, ended up doing a full fresh windows re-install.

Thanks again though ....

Don
Thanks! Macrium Reflect sounds awesome, ive put the site in my favorites for future reference ..... So with Macrium Reflect not only can you create a boot CD but also clone a SSD/HDD to restore from?

Wish id have known about this the other day, tried some software i googled, clones my SSD to a external and tried to boot from it .... Just didnt work, ended up doing a full fresh windows re-install.

Thanks again though ....

Yup

You can use it to either create an image file (think of it as a zip file of your entire hard drive), or you can clone it directly to another drive.

Awesome software.

Back
Top Bottom