** CORSAIR GAMING™ ** K65 TKL NOW AVAILABLE TO PRE ORDER

Soldato
My K95 arrived and it seems the "\" and the "#" are both dead, So much for Corsairs "Dead LED's are a thing of the past".

This will be keyboard number 4 that is sub standard.

Guess it's time to go back to my Razer Blackwidow which I've had for 2 years and hasn't got 1 dead LED, I'm done with Corsair.

Associate
That's sucks Dice.

Corsair seem to have royally messed up these boards, I saw someone else complaining about dead keys the other day, with that send the 'gaming' logo, I think I'm going to have look elsewhere.

I'm after a decent TKL board with red switches, but with Ducky Shine 3's EOL, I'm looking at the Deathadder tournament edition.

Soldato
That's sucks Dice.

Corsair seem to have royally messed up these boards, I saw someone else complaining about dead keys the other day, with that send the 'gaming' logo, I think I'm going to have look elsewhere.

I'm after a decent TKL board with red switches, but with Ducky Shine 3's EOL, I'm looking at the Deathadder tournament edition.

What really annoys me is the fact they can't even communicate with their customers who are spending A LOT on their products that are defective.

Just like their K70 and K95 they have released even more defective products on to the market.

EDIT

On doing more research it appears the wrong firmware has been released to the wrong territories i.e UK got north american, Germany got the same etc... seems it's a firmware issue, Still very annoying.

Last edited:
Associate
Ahh, at least it's not your board in that case, must be a relief. :)

Let me know how you get on with it though buddy, be interesting to see your feedback after having it for a few weeks.

Soldato
Ahh, at least it's not your board in that case, must be a relief. :)

Let me know how you get on with it though buddy, be interesting to see your feedback after having it for a few weeks.

Well apart from the software having bugs galore the keyboard feels solid and looks the shizznitz, Well, If you can get the profiles to work.

Soldato
I'm getting my k95 delivery tomorrow looking forward to it :) what kind of bugs are you seeing?

The current firmware is for US layouts only which means for UK/EU/DE layouts some lights get turned off *For most of the EU/UK it's \ and #* and you can't turn them back on until Corsair release a firmware fix for your specific region which shouldn't be too long and then the proper UK layout will work.

Soldato
The current firmware is for US layouts only which means for UK/EU/DE layouts some lights get turned off *For most of the EU/UK it's \ and #* and you can't turn them back on until Corsair release a firmware fix for your specific region which shouldn't be too long and then the proper UK layout will work.

Doh typical :) here is hoping they sort it soon

Associate
It would appear my k70 rgb \ light isnt working when the keyboard connects to the corsair software. If i unplug the usb and plug it back in it lights up when the default red colour loads but when my profiles load the \ goes dark.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Ah yes, it seems the early adopters got the brunt of the bugs here.

I have asked corsair for some updates as soon as possible.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
my corsair rep has all the info you posted as well as a bunch of stuff i could find from googling and what i have seen posted on /r/mechanicalkeyboards

as soon as i get some feedback from him, i will post up here with the details.

Associate
my corsair rep has all the info you posted as well as a bunch of stuff i could find from googling and what i have seen posted on /r/mechanicalkeyboards

as soon as i get some feedback from him, i will post up here with the details.

It would be nice if there was a unified place hosted by Corsair where people could report their bugs, and where they could post a central update list for the firmware and software as well.

So, they could say "we are aware of x, y, z" and here is the latest release. I realise the software tries to grab the latest firmware but the software keeps crashing for me...

If there is a place like this already, my apologies and if someone could point me in the right direction that would be dandy! :cool:

Associate
It also seems like when i make a new profile the colours are not accurate from the palette at all. I selected white for my WASD keys and they come out a more pale pink. Also there is hardly any yellow on the palette it goes from red-orange-lime green.

However on another profile i made yesterday all the colours work perfectly.

Here is what I mean:
WASD keys set to white on profile:

and esc, f1-4 & 1-5 set to green:

However the Keyboard displays them as this

But on a different profile all colours work perfect:

Dan

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Any stock info?

so. everything has been reordered and will be here in 7-10 working days
stock is extremely limited so you really need to place a pre order if you want guaranteed stock when it next lands.

it all depends on what stock corsair has and the allocation they provide us with.

needless to say, i have ordered enough units to cover ocuk requirements twice over but we may not get what i have ordered due to demand.

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Corsair official statement said:
Thank you for purchasing the Corsair Gaming K70 and K95 RGB keyboards. Unfortunately we were alerted to an issue regarding a LED on a specific key that is not being lit after updating to the latest firmware. We want to alert everyone that this is not a defective LED and your hardware is not compromised. The LED error is related to an unforeseen issue with our firmware/software. We have been able to isolate the issue and are working on a resolution with an ETA by the end of the week. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience and understanding as this is being resolved.

Back
Top Bottom