**CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 650D OWNERS THREAD** ALL QUESTIONS HERE.

Soldato
Do you guys with the bitfenix pro fans have them on a fan controllers as looking at the stats they look like they would be noisey?

Soldato
Do you guys with the bitfenix pro fans have them on a fan controllers as looking at the stats they look like they would be noisey?

I have mine on the controller, however they are only loud due to the front mesh on the Corsair cases. I've had one running at full on my desk before and not noticed any excess noise.

Soldato
Thats good just the stats make them seem noisey to me at 27db.

Features:-
- Dimensions (mm): 200x200x25mm
- Current (A): 0.33A ±10%
- Speed (RPM): 900 RPM ±10%
- Air Flow (CFM): 148.72 CFM ±10%
- Air Pressure (mmH2O): 1.26 mmH2O
- Noise (dB-A): 27.5 dB(A)

Permabanned
A small mod ive done to the front mesh filter on the 650D, i wasn't over keen on the criss cross look of the front filter plus it would reduce air flow slightly.

To do it take away the mesh by lifting the clips up and slide the plastic frame out, to cut through the plastic i used a stanley knife, i warmed up the blade on the cooker and it cuts through the plastic like butter. It really improves the front look of the case and makes it so much cleaner looking, its hard to do it justice in pics.

mod3_zpsef324318.jpg

mod4_zps6d48f8ce.jpg

Mod1_zps79c9a5ff.jpg

mod2_zps0074a7b0.jpg

flipping heck this lowered my gpu temp :eek: and the ambient temps and fan speeds are the same. Only by 2-3degrees. :eek::eek:

Associate
OP
Just bought a set of Demciflex filters for my 650D, i bought them direct from Demciflex as OCUK didn't have the 650D kit listed.

Very impressed with them, don't know if its my ears but i'm sure its reduced the sound levels. It was very quiet before as i'd upgraded the stock fans but i'm pretty sure this has reduced then sound levels even more.

Soldato
avez vous got any pics of it covering the top of your case? Merci.

-Le French Man :D

Sorry for the late reply. Here ya go . . .

IMAG0033.jpg

The pic looks like the Silverstone Fan Filters are screwed to the case. They are actually just resting (with the built in magnets) on the screw heads from my H100 Rad.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've just ordered up some Bitfenix Pro 200mm fans last night as the standard Corsair ones are rubbish and the top one keeps clicking!

I've also ordered a 120mm Fan Filter for the rear of the case.

I'm thinking of Having 2x Intake Fans and 1x Exhaust. Good or bad idea?

The rear 120mm fan will have the filter on, and will be used as an intake as it draws cool air through my Kuhler 620. The front fan will also be an intake.

Then the rising heat will exit the top of the case via the 200mm Exhaust.

Soldato
I've just ordered up some Bitfenix Pro 200mm fans last night as the standard Corsair ones are rubbish and the top one keeps clicking!

The rear 120mm fan will have the filter on, and will be used as an intake as it draws cool air through my Kuhler 620. The front fan will also be an intake.

I used two 120mm fans in the top as intake and the 200mm in the front as intake on my 600T and left the back 120mm as exhaust and the results were great. Worth a try isn't it?

Permabanned

Mine is the same, as long as you keep positive pressure it will be fine, well that's what I've heard. Just choose decent fine mesh filters for the 120mm intake. I ordered the one linked below and it was crap because the mesh wasn't fine enough and dust accumulated on the H60's rad.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CM-001-SV&groupid=701&catid=2331&subcat=795

Associate
I own a 600T and the Spectre Pro will not fit in the top but does in the front, can no one tell me for definite that they have a 200mm working in the top?

What exactly is stopping it from fitting in to the top of the case, theres a 200mm fan there as standard with mounting holes identical to the spectre pro, is it a case of it hitting the outer edges of the case? A better setup for the top is 2 x 140mm fans anyway as it would be capable of shifting more air and could be plugged in to a fan controller to reduce noise

Soldato
What exactly is stopping it from fitting in to the top of the case, theres a 200mm fan there as standard with mounting holes identical to the spectre pro, is it a case of it hitting the outer edges of the case? A better setup for the top is 2 x 140mm fans anyway as it would be capable of shifting more air and could be plugged in to a fan controller to reduce noise

The Spectre Pro is bigger due to the style and design of the fan, also the 600T only supports two 120mm fans in the top. I have since changed case to a Define R4 and I'm much happier now.

Associate
OP
Latest small upgrade, ive removed all the hard drive cages out of the case and installed this, hopefully the air will circulate a lot better with less obstructions.

Thermaltake1.jpg

Thermaltake2.jpg

Soldato
I just finished my set up with a 650d case and was just so surprised how much room there was to manage space with wires and water cooling for a mid case.

Im not good at space management or keeping things neat but this case made things a lot easier.

For people planning to fit radiators on the top, i JUST manage to fit1 set of fans and a 47mm thick radiator on the inside of the case (my MOBO has the ram slots very unfortunately placed so had to mod the top of the case to fix my pull fans on the outside.

scaled.php

When I replace the GPU, im going to have a second seperate loop with a smaller 150mm tuve reservoir underneath it above the PSU and have a 200mm radiator on the front.

Last edited:
Associate
Just ordered two BitFenix Spectre PRO 200mm fans to replace my stock fans in my 650D. Was going to go for the CM MegaFlows, but they don't seem to shift as much air..

Anyways, was also going to remove the honeycomb mesh in front of the front intake as it seems to generate the most noise. Any suggestions for the ideal tool(s)? Anyone have pictures of their work? Also any suggestions for a flexible rubber coating(?) to go around the edge of the soon to be cut mesh so that there aren't any sharp edges left over?

Soldato
Just ordered two BitFenix Spectre PRO 200mm fans to replace my stock fans in my 650D. Was going to go for the CM MegaFlows, but they don't seem to shift as much air..

Anyways, was also going to remove the honeycomb mesh in front of the front intake as it seems to generate the most noise. Any suggestions for the ideal tool(s)? Anyone have pictures of their work? Also any suggestions for a flexible rubber coating(?) to go around the edge of the soon to be cut mesh so that there aren't any sharp edges left over?

I used a dremel for mine. I have a couple of pics somewhere on here, can't think where though. And I just bought some rubber edging off the bay.

EDIT: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18353943&highlight=650d+dremel Here it is.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'm considering doing it as well.

A 200mm hole cutter would give a neat job, just stand the case on end, mask off the other side of the case with something like plastic sheeting or newspaper and tape it so its sealed to stop dust and fragments going inside the case.

Attach the hole cutter to a drill, with a steady hand cut out the mesh.

Back
Top Bottom