Corsair RBG Owners Club

Associate
I'm having issues when I go to turn on pc and the corsair software loads and my rgb k70 just sits at default settings. I have to reboot the pc to get the k70 to load up its profile I have chosen (strobe multicolored). Either the software is rubbish or my keyboard is defective. I have the same issue on all the pc's I own with the software and keyboard. My gut feeling it's a software issue but if it is, it's not acceptable as it's a 50/50 chance the keyboard won't load and operate with corsair software (win 10). My void headset functions spot on but not the k70 rgb lights on each boot.

On the second boot with the new keyboard it has done it again! ;(

Looks like you guys are running into the same CUE2 anomaly. There are a few things we can try and see if it will correct this issue. Seems like your KB is not being initialized correctly once Windows has loaded. Make sure both USB and Chipset driver are up to date. Try to disable USB selective suspend in BIOS under Advance power option (if available). If USB Legacy support in BIOS is enabled, try to disable it and see if it'll make a difference. If XHCI is disabled, try to enable it. So these settings that I mentioned are in BIOS which has something to do with USB initialization. Also, try to use the top USB ports on your Mobo, as those are the ones that gets initialized first before Windows get loaded. Let me know if any of those helps.

Associate
Looks like you guys are running into the same CUE2 anomaly. There are a few things we can try and see if it will correct this issue. Seems like your KB is not being initialized correctly once Windows has loaded. Make sure both USB and Chipset driver are up to date. Try to disable USB selective suspend in BIOS under Advance power option (if available). If USB Legacy support in BIOS is enabled, try to disable it and see if it'll make a difference. If XHCI is disabled, try to enable it. So these settings that I mentioned are in BIOS which has something to do with USB initialization. Also, try to use the top USB ports on your Mobo, as those are the ones that gets initialized first before Windows get loaded. Let me know if any of those helps.

Thanks, will try those suggestions tonight and will report back.

Associate

Hi Greybeard, after a few days of testing etc I still can't fix it. Drivers are up to date, I disabled usb selective suspend, I changed the USB legacy, also XHCI and now have it plugged into the top 2 ports on the mb. I thought I fixed it as it was ok for 3 days but then has started doing it again ;( Whats next?

Associate
Hey Bone,
If this is still the case after a replacement, this might not be related to CUE at all. And it's highly unlike that it's the KB at this point. You really got me thinking here..So are you still seeing the error on your task bar? or the CUE just doesn't see the KB from cold boot?

I tried 3 STRAFE already on 5 different platforms, and couldn't reproduce this issue.

Associate
Hey Bone,
If this is still the case after a replacement, this might not be related to CUE at all. And it's highly unlike that it's the KB at this point. You really got me thinking here..So are you still seeing the error on your task bar? or the CUE just doesn't see the KB from cold boot?

I tried 3 STRAFE already on 5 different platforms, and couldn't reproduce this issue.
I'm getting the error in the task bar and the keyboard is not showing up in cue. If I restart all works as it should. If I enter the bios mode on the keyboard then exit to normal mode this also fixes it.

Associate
Hey Bone,

Where are you Greybeard?

Associate
Hey Greybeard do you know if there are any differences between the Original Corsair Void 7.1 USB headset and the Corsair Void 7.1 RGB headset apart from the RGB bit and the different versions of CUE software ?

Not sure if you got the answer already, but just in case you're still wondering, here's what I can tell you. There's only one version of VOID headsets to date, we haven't done any iteration since VOID launched. So between those 7.1 VOIDs just based on what you wrote, one is wireless and one is USB (wired). Both are RGB and both are using the same CUE software. This is my guess, unless I missed something.

Soldato
Not sure if you got the answer already, but just in case you're still wondering, here's what I can tell you. There's only one version of VOID headsets to date, we haven't done any iteration since VOID launched. So between those 7.1 VOIDs just based on what you wrote, one is wireless and one is USB (wired). Both are RGB and both are using the same CUE software. This is my guess, unless I missed something.

No I asked a daft question (after I thought about it) and you answered it superbly.

Soldato
I've joined the club!

Bought the Strafe RGB Blue on offer at OCUK for £90, loving it so far.

CUE was acting up initially but working fine now.

Such a good quality keyboard, and the lighting is excellent. Lots of RGB profiles out there as well.

Found out that Homefront the Revolution supports CUE natively, surprised more games don't do this.

Soldato
Got a bit of an issue here.

More often than not, when I boot or re-boot my PC the Keyboard (K65 Lux) is not seen in CUE until I reconnect it. Not had this issue with my mouse (Glaive)

I'm running CUE 2.16.87

any solutions?

Back
Top Bottom