**Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless Gaming Headset Mini-Review** - Picture heavy

Soldato
So here is my Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless Gaming Headset Mini-Review. Most of this page will be taken up with nice high-quality images which I have taken with captions, so if you prefer to look at pictures then that is for you, however that won't give you an idea of sound quality as you'll have no choice but to read that part.

Product Description
Corsair Vengeance™ 2000 delivers the clutter-free freedom of wireless, high-quality 5.1/7.1 surround sound technology, superior audio fidelity, and a comfortable design. Experience true wireless freedom with up to 40 feet of range and 10 hours of battery life. Optimized HRTF technology provides precise positional audio cues for an incredibly immersive gaming experience. Large 50mm audio drivers have been painstakingly tuned for tight bass response - so lows are greatly enhanced without being distorted. Noise-cancelling mic prevents background sounds from interfering with VOIP chat. Large, sound-isolating circumaural earcups have microfiber-covered memory foam earpads. Padded headband stays comfortable over long play sessions.

Free yourself
Experience wireless freedom with up to 40 feet of range and 10 hours of battery life

Optimized HRTF positional audio technology
Experience immersive multi-channel gaming the way it was intended

50mm audio drivers and high-sensitivity noise cancelling mic
High bandwidth audio quality and clear in game chat

Large diameter, circumaural earcup design
Blocks distracting sounds and keeps your head in the game

Comfortable microfiber covers and memory-foam pads
Ear pads that provide improved comfort and conform to the shape of your head

Packaging & Contents
The packing of the headset is very Corsair Vengeance as you would expect, showing a cutpath in the centre of the box to show off the wireless USB dongle. A very professional and desirable look. Inside the box you'll find the wireless headset, wireless USB dongle, USB extender, charger cable & information pack.

First Impression
My first impression is that they took the Vengeance 1300 and turned it into a wireless version, as they two headsets look very similar keeping their style and look. As I picked the headset up I was impressed with the weight as it's just perfect for hours of gaming not being too heavy topping this off with ultra comfortable ear cups and headband, the comfortable feel is certainly being passed on from the previous generation vengeance headsets. The plastic by the hinges has a brushed aluminium effect which at first I thought was metal, however it was plastic I assume to keep the weight down.

Features
Other than the obvious no wires feature the headset uses a fold-away noise cancelling microphone and keeps the swivel earcups which can lie flat which also featured in the previous generations, this is a nice feature so that it doesn't start digging in if you put the headset around your neck. There is a standard headband extender to fit all shapes and sizes of melons. The same side as the microphone hosts the cross hatched volume scrolling wheel bar and the power on/off and the LED light for when the headset is on. The headset is stated to last for 10 hours on a full charge, I haven't had them for 3 hours let alone 10 yet so can't comment on this side. Once battery is low you can plug the charging kit in to power the headset back up, this is featured in a picture. The LED on the side of the headset isn't constantly lit when the headset is active, it flickers every few seconds blue, I assume this is to keep the power consumption lower for longer hours of use.

Comfort
This headset is mega comfortable, hosting two fully padded ear cups and padded headband combined with a nice weight it's perfect for hours of use. Pictures may speak louder than words on this one so you'll see the materials further down the page.

Ease of setup
To me there is a new meaning to plug and play because it literally was that simple. I plugged in the USB receiver, turned the headset on and selected in sound options as default and I was good to go!

Sound Quality
I've always been sceptical about wireless headsets as normally i'm a big soundcard fan boy because I always wanted to be wired with the hardware. Testing the headset out with some music I can instantly tell that the bass has been tweaked from the previous versions as you couldn't really achieve the best bass without tweaking the software which came with the headset. I've been running music at full volume for a while with no distorting at all, very clear and enjoyable, no interference at all which would be my major concern if I was buying a wireless headset. I the continued to play some more Diablo III which everything will still up to a very good quality. The quality held out while I went downstairs to make myself a sandwich, that was pretty awesome! Corsair state the range of the headset is up to 40m, I did try from one end of our office to the other and it continued to be playing perfectly. A good job on the sound side of things for this headset for sure! The microphone is just a standard headset mic which just works with nothing too special about it.

Summary
My summary would be a very comfortable headset which is perfect for long hours, great sound quality for music and gaming with the awesome no wires feature. Honestly, other than the headset not taking advantage of my gaming sound card hardware, there isn't much if anything I don't really like about the headset. Ideal for desktops and laptops.

Packaging & Contents

scaled.php

The full packing shot. Very Vengeance and looking very smart, i'd say very well presented and desirable. A circle cutpath in the centre shows off the wireless USB dongle

scaled.php

A shot of the full headset, not a cable in sight!

scaled.php

This is the USB receiver dongle, pretty standard

scaled.php

This is the USB charger cable which plugs directly into the headset to charge it back up

scaled.php

This is a USB extender adapter

scaled.php

Of course the packaged instruction manual. Still packaged.

Build Quality & Features

scaled.php

As standard on the Vengeance series of headsets, you can lay the earcups flat upon thy chest when not around the ears. Pretty neat

scaled.php

Here we have the Wireless USB adapter and the range USB extender

scaled.php

The foldable noise cancelling microphone

scaled.php

Standard headband extender for all shapes and sizes of head

scaled.php

A hinge with plastic with a brushed aluminium effect, they feel sturdy but I wouldn't pull them too hard

scaled.php

The USB connectors are branded Corsair in the nice shade of blue

scaled.php

Ultra comfortable padded earcups, perfect for hours of use

headbands.jpg

Ultra comfortable headband, the headset has a great weight so the combination really has a nice pleasurable experience :)

scaled.php

Plugging in the charging kit for when the headset is low on juice

scaled.php

The sound is controlled by a small cross-hatched scroll bar which looks and feels pretty nice, the on switch is the big button above that. The activity LED is between the two.

scaled.php

New meaning to plug and play on these things, it really was that simple. I plugged in the USB dongle and selected Vengeance headset on sound options, and I good to go!

Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Professional Gaming Headset

SP-014-CS_47209_350.jpg

Only £119.99 inc VAT - Click Here

Soldato
I'm quite tempted to save up for this. I don't have to save, but I'd feel like I deserve it if I do. Otherwise it's a fairly big purchase when I know I need other stuff as opposed to just really wanting this.

Maybe if it was under the £100 mark I wouldn't feel so guilty.

Alas, beggars cannot be choosers.

Soldato
can u compare these to the logitech g930's please?

my g930's are broke and getting ready to rma them, a refund might be on the cards if these are anything to go by

Soldato
OP
can u compare these to the logitech g930's please?

my g930's are broke and getting ready to rma them, a refund might be on the cards if these are anything to go by

G930's have the side G-Keys as extra which can be used for voice software but can't be binded to any keys. The speaker drivers on a G930 are 40mm and the Vengeance is 50mm. They are also around £10 cheaper than G930's too.

Associate
I'm struggling to find any info on the max sample & bit rates they support :/ button to pick up a skype call would b nice but not a deal breaker, I'm very interested in these as I have been thinking about the logitech G930's for a while but was put off by the looks, these are much nicer :)

@valkia perhaps you could click properties in the windows sound dialogue and check in the advanced tab :) also how does it appear 7.1 or 2.0 etc or is there an option to select?

Last edited:
Permabanned
I have the G930, but I find them uncomfortable after long periods of use - are these better?

Its the headband on the G930, it "clamps" too snugly...whats the headband like on these? Bearing in mind I have a capacious bonce and require a looser fit than most.

Soldato
OP
I have the G930, but I find them uncomfortable after long periods of use - are these better?

Its the headband on the G930, it "clamps" too snugly...whats the headband like on these? Bearing in mind I have a capacious bonce and require a looser fit than most.

Hi,

I haven't owned a pair of G930's but have owned a pair of G35's and I would personally say they are more comfortable. They don't clamp but sits on your ears in harmony. The G35's are not terrible by any means but if we are doing a direct comparison.

Soldato
OP
This isn't mentioned on the box but in the instructions (which I didn't read) but there is a driver utility which you can also download from corsairs website. Here is a screen shot as i've just downloaded it and playing around with it.

driverutility.jpg

Back
Top Bottom