Counter-Strike: Source New Update Released

Permabanned
Read: some weapons have seen incredibly minor changes but I will use this as an excuse for any forthcoming bad playing

;)

No honestly, I will give credit where its due and won't moan unnecessarily..

but deagle and shotgun m3 are troublesome now, i've been blasting people in the face and sometimes not much happens

Soldato
why have they even done this ? do new people even buy CS:S anymore ?

surelys all this has done is peeved off all the players whove been playing for years

Soldato
Well I'm sure they only recently made it playable for Mac? Suppose it's to coincide with this and inject some fresh blood into the game.

Permabanned
^ the ping sound from camping or knife fights sounds splodgy?!

surelys all this has done is peeved off all the players whove been playing for years

Because they've opened it up to macs, thats why.

More $$$

Associate
I've noticed that it's easier to be hit around corners/hit people round corners then its ever been. Before you could hit people just as they moved into cover, now I've noticed kills I definately shouldn't of had, and I've been killed when I shouldn't have. I think the latest update has helped a bit, still get the lag spikes on kills though.

Permabanned
I've noticed that it's easier to be hit around corners/hit people round corners then its ever been. Before you could hit people just as they moved into cover, now I've noticed kills I definately shouldn't of had, and I've been killed when I shouldn't have. I think the latest update has helped a bit, still get the lag spikes on kills though.

its the netcode + 66 tick, its meaning it doesn't register until your out of sight..

Caporegime

everyone is peeved at every update give it a month or two to iorn out and everyone forgets.

This is nothing compared to the row about dynamic pricing before they added the option to disable it.

Associate
Enable console in options, then the console key is `, then type cl_showfps 1, or net_graph 1. 0 to disable them afterwards.

Permabanned
I'm getting a bit bored of dying through a metre of concrete :(.

Yes its crap, but we are just going to have to put up with it in the short term...

why they think this is an improvement god only knows.

doesn't say much for the morrons who beta tested this on teh steam forums

Associate
Bones - the first shot hits exactly where the shotgun is aiming, not where you are viewing, ie to the left. Have they implemented a way of handicapping the sprint and shoot move, ie you need to wait until the shotgun swings back in front of your body?
What's that then? Completely accurate firing based on the position of the model? Excellent. It'll be even more realistic. Bring it on!
Just what I was thinking - the gun actually shoots where the gun is pointing, not out the side of the barrel just because the cross-hair is there :p

It's just bad hit detection, not a feature of TF2. CSS has had bad hit detection for ages though (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMdrsTXwR2I).

This is nothing compared to the row about dynamic pricing before they added the option to disable it.

Well, dynamic pricing was completely broken, not only were weapon prices completely off but the glock only cost $1 so people could buy hundreds of them and crash servers.

Back
Top Bottom