Counter-Strike: Source New Update Released

Caporegime
Finding it better than the first time I played but I don't think it's completely there yet.

So do you have to set your rates to : e.g. rate 25000 cl_cmdrate 66 cl_updaterate 66 or do the servers now do it for you?

Permabanned
Finding it better than the first time I played but I don't think it's completely there yet.

So do you have to set your rates to : e.g. rate 25000 cl_cmdrate 66 cl_updaterate 66 or do the servers now do it for you?

server but it depends...

check netgraph and see if you have to do it yourself.

Associate
I've noticed yet more bugs, I could see my own nades holstered to me, when running about they were following me, it looked like invisible people to everyone else. Then the next round I couldn't see my own gun models at all :(.

Associate
Clearly a rushed update to get MAC support out so they could make a few people pleased by announcing that at E3.

So many obvious GLARING bugs. I played css beta years ago when HL2 was released and it didnt have this many serious bugs.

Soldato
Somewhere out there is a guy called Reg who wonders why people abuse him so much.

Been getting very interesting hits from and against people which I would not expect given where the crosshair/body is.

Soldato
Played it, got owned; stick to games I know. I even knew one map we played to rescue the hostages, but still couldn't hold a 1:1 fragrate. Played it in tactical ops mod for unreal tournament.

Soldato
You're never going to top the scoreboard in a game you don't play.

Mostly gameplay in public is moving to chokepoints and picking others off with aimed fire, using manoeuvres set up with smoke/flash/HE nades to rush and get the jump on the enemy and occasionally screaming BANZAI while rushing in a group in the hope you'll surprise the other side and not get mown down.

No respawns unless its a deathmatch so people generally play defensively and if you don't know what you're doing you're likely to walk right into the crosshair of someone camped out watching a chokepoint. Or look the wrong way when pushing and get shot from somewhere you didn't know about.

It's so much about game experience it's expected for long term players to get cheesed off when the experience changes.

Soldato
The Alt Tab bug is really p'ing me off now. It's ridiculous they haven't fixed it yet!
You mean it crashes when you try to re-open the game? I fixed that by removing -dxlevel 81 from my launch options, of course you might not even have that set.

Link to Insanity, what's wrong with the weapon restriction plugin. Are you using a sourcemod plugin?

Associate
anyone else find that slurp/squish noise really annoying? should be a way to turn it off! infact all the update features should be able to be turned off client side!

Associate
The problem is servers that use sv_pure 1 or 2 (2 is worse). It just blocks out all non-default images, sounds etc and uses the default ones.

I also cant stand the new scoreboard so Im using this one now, which works on sv_pure servers as well as it uses no image files:

gXH08.jpg

Back
Top Bottom