Counter-Strike: Source New Update Released

Permabanned
Ah so kill registering was a official bug then, thought it was just me.

Really doesn't say much if they can't even get simple primary school mathematics correct in the update is it?

You know, like 1 + 1 = 2.

Waaaaay too complex for todays developers.

Valve blows.

Associate

I'm usually against winging but this is an exception as I just can not believe the amount of bugs that have occured since the update. I LIKE the new features but I would sacrafice them for the old CS:S without these new bugs.

Soldato
Ah so kill registering was a official bug then, thought it was just me.

Really doesn't say much if they can't even get simple primary school mathematics correct in the update is it?

You know, like 1 + 1 = 2.

Waaaaay too complex for todays developers.

Valve blows.

You know, I think it's time you calmed down. Jesus Christ.

Soldato
Looks like they have turned it into CoD4 / console game.

To be fair, this is where the money is at the moment if you cant deliver good mmo subscription games. If valve get it right they can reignite CSS and make a fortune out of it. Personally although I never liked CSS, I'd like to see this happen as it means valve gets more funds available to keep producing quality titles.

Permabanned

:rolleyes:

Not got traffic to play with?

You know, I think it's time you calmed down. Jesus Christ.

Why do I have to calm down? :confused:

Just because I'm annoyed that they broke a game, for weeks now, doesn't meaning i'm boiling into a manic rage, nor does it have anything to do with you. I am merely expressing an opinion that valve are crap and incompetent, that for some reason beyond me sticks in your throat.

You love the update and can play it without problem, great. I come here to ask stuff as its still broken and crashing for other people too.

Get over it.

I'm usually against winging but this is an exception as I just can not believe the amount of bugs that have occured since the update. I LIKE the new features but I would sacrafice them for the old CS:S without these new bugs.

I had an update today but its still flaky. :(

Soldato

Fair enough but when you're even complaining about bugs being fixed...

Associate
Maybe the server side DM mod has been patched so it doesn't crash, which isn't made by Valve. But the normal game does still crash with the torch, it has happened to me today.

Associate
I unbinded the flash light key 2 years ago :)

The update could have been worse, they could have "updated" the model animations like valve did 3 years ago. That sole update dropped my fps from 100 constant with a pentium4 to barely 60-70 without a real noticeable difference in the animation quality. Oh and with that update I think they removed cl_interpolate 0, forcing everyone to have dire reg.

Could be much worse guys!

Associate
I remember that update, my old setup struggled on it quite a bit, imagine how much fps we would be getting now if it wasn't for the series of performance dropping upgrades over the years.

Soldato
finally sorted my config out and got proper net settings now im owning hard as ever!

got the mouse feeling back to normal and now it feels nicer then usual!

proper bo' i tell ya!

Soldato
Can someone please explain to me why i have lost over 250fps in the Source stress test for no obvious on screen visual improvement?....

Soldato
Maybe the server side DM mod has been patched so it doesn't crash, which isn't made by Valve. But the normal game does still crash with the torch, it has happened to me today.

You can stop it crashing if you do r_flashlightdepthdexture 0 in console apparently. I did it and tried the flashflight and no crash but I probably hadn't used the flashlight since CS 1.6 before then :p

Associate
Ah right cheers, I've already unbinded it so I'll probably wait until they fix it, or I forget that there ever was a torch in css.

TJM

TJM

Associate
Could people recommend a few good UK servers? I haven't played in years, although I see the beloved Teesside 24/7 office server is gone.

Back
Top Bottom