Counter-Strike: Source New Update Released

Associate
I think the frame rate thing is in the users perception. To an impartial standing behind looking at the screen it probably looks fine

Yep it looks fine to me, still enough to play with, especially since the tickrates are all 66 now anyway. I only noticed the drop when I checked on net graph.

Associate
I've just had a bit of a play and I don't have any problems with the update other than the kill cam, it just seems way out of place....

The achievements are a nice touch :)

Soldato
I couldn't really care about ppl moaning about CSS/1.6..

Been playing for over a decade now... and all the updates made to the game haven't affected the way the game plays at all..

If you don't like it stop trolling threads about it.. and go and play the game you want to play... then discuss the positives about that in another thread.

I will always play the updates... as updates ultimately are there for a purpose.

Associate
It's not really trolling, just a difference in opinions from some people who like it and some who don't or just aren't that bothered. It's what a discussion forum is for, to discuss, not to unanimously praise things.

Associate
Counter Strike players are the only community who hate updates.

I can't really tell what they've changed apart from a few graphic techniques. Still seems like the same game to me.

Associate
Yeah, I don't notice much difference except Achievements and minor graphics improvements.

I don't know about this Killcam thing as I haven't even seen it once or an option to turn it on :confused:

Soldato
no-one on the OCuk server.
infact no-one on any of the servers I have favs with
and went pub and got lamed none stop by TKers.
not enjoying it. would not buy!

Soldato
It just wouldn't be CS without the legions of moaners whenever there is an update, only for 99% of them to be playing still in 6 months time and then staunchly defend this update as absolutely awesome when the next horrific update appears that once again totally ruins their lives, kills their cat and burns down their homes. Even though it'll probably barely be any different at all still.

Soldato
I don't like the killcam, it makes the game look amateurish, also it stops the video for a few seconds, during that time I want to see the action immediately after my death, not a freezeframe of the guy who killed me. Also what's with the thing asking you to take a screenshot on the killcam? Who would ever want to save a picture of some guy who killed them? Pointless.

Everything else though I'm liking, achievements and stats are always a good thing.

I'm also happy to report that bots now actually work on cs_militia. I don't know if this happened in the update, or whether it was fixed earlier (haven't played in a while).

Last edited:
For those that missed tonight's CSS game on the OcUK server, there is another one scheduled for tomorrow night at half 8 should you be interested.

See you then. :)

Hitreg seems to have improved on my server for me personally since the update. And I haven't noticed any lag at all? Do all these "laggers" have ATI cards? (Driver issue maybe?) or do some have Nvidia, in which case the line of thinking is mute.

Gameplay wise, apart from it breaking the odd plugin and me having to redo sourcemod, I haven't noticed much difference in the way the game actually plays (except now I get achievements).

Permabanned
It just wouldn't be CS without the legions of moaners whenever there is an update, only for 99% of them to be playing still in 6 months time and then staunchly defend this update as absolutely awesome when the next horrific update appears that once again totally ruins their lives, kills their cat and burns down their homes. Even though it'll probably barely be any different at all still.

No other updates have been of this magnatude of a failure imo.

In fact, i've never really 'noticed' any CSS updates until yesterday - its a bit hard to miss this one though :(

That's the thing though.

I didn't buy this game, I bought CounterStrike:Source.

Since this update, I have CounterFortress2 sat in my Steam Games list.

lol :p

I'm curious if the fps drop is just an ATI thing? Anyone on nvidia found an fps drop?

nvidia here.

Yep it looks fine to me, still enough to play with, especially since the tickrates are all 66 now anyway. I only noticed the drop when I checked on net graph.

Can you not feel it? It feels much slower to me, a mix between fps spikes and server lag. Horrid mix.

Last edited:
Associate
Can you not feel it? It feels much slower to me, a mix between fps spikes and server lag. Horrid mix.

I notice the drop in tick, it feels very obvious to me, especially the rate of fire and stuff. I only notice if my fps is lower if its lower then the tick rate for the update rate, say if I was only getting 60fps on a 100 tick I'd notice the lag that can come from that. But purely visually, as long as it's consistently 60fps and not raising and dropping I don't really notice it.

Soldato
I swear hitboxes are bigger, lag occurs when people fire and there's just generally jerkiness in play.

The first two might be entirely true and intentional, helping players get kills :/

There's an awpfest in so many servers right now. It's easier to hit players and since you only need to shoot someone in the foot to instakill them with an awp... bring out the noobcannons!

Soldato
all the people complaining.
Don't worry about that.

It's very common for people to suddenly scream WTF IS THIS JESUS CHRIST WHY GOD WHYYYYYYY at random.

Not as if something happened to affect gameplay on a highly played skill based game.

FWiW I'm getting 89-90FPS with everything on max with a 8800GT and 2GB ram.
not sure it's excessive to expect this level of system.
I don't think it's that causing the performance hit.

I'm averaging 120+ with my computer and there's no fps crash, just jerkiness.

Soldato

Seconded. For me its like a slide show. Horrid is a good word to describe it. I've deleted CSS and am now redownloading it in the hope that it is some sort of muck up with the update

Oh, ATI here. Don't think it is GPU related by what I've seen elsewhere

Back
Top Bottom