Covers better than originals

Associate
And also Garbage and the Screaming Females' version of Because The Night knocks Patti Smith out of the park. No studio version sadly and there's some odd mixing on this video, but it just has so much punch. Marissa Paternoster is an ace guitarist.

Associate
And also Garbage and the Screaming Females' version of Because The Night knocks Patti Smith out of the park. No studio version sadly and there's some odd mixing on this video, but it just has so much punch. Marissa Paternoster is an ace guitarist.

That is a good version. However arguably the Patti Smith version is a cover in itself. It was originally recorded by Bruce Springsteen but with different lyrics and never made it onto the intended album (Darkness on the Edge of Town). He gave Patti Smith the song who re-wrote some of the lyrics and recorded the version you referenced. Springsteen himself used the song in his live sets for years and it made it onto his Live Album.

Man of Honour
I've just come across this that was recorded by my Dad when he was 80 years old, he's 85 now.
He plays all the instruments and does all the vocals.
He has a problem of listening to the stuff, not listening properly but then just doing his own thing.
Most of the time it can be awful but I think he did a great job of this -

SexyGreyFox's 80 year old Dad doing Sweet Child Of Mine

Back
Top Bottom