Covers better than originals

Associate
I'm a fan of both of the originals so don't know if I'd go as far as saying these are better but both brilliant in their own right - imo!

All the things she said (tATu cover) - Madbones

Dominion - paint it black (cover)

Soldato
original...

covers...

I want to retire to Nashville...

e: to be clear I like the covers more for the style rather than quality...the original is obviously the starting point...

Last edited:
Associate
Nouvelle Vague did a cover of Melt With You which I prefer to the Modern English original.

An Pierle's cover of Are Friends Electric is brilliant too, very different to Numan's original. Though I like both.

Associate
Can’t trawl the thread from a phone, but this is the obvious one. (Suspect it’s already been posted).

The live version with Miles Kennedy as a guest is very, very good. Voices match so well with each other and the dynamics are superb.

I'd add to this While My Guitar Gently Weeps... for the Steve Lukather guitar and Simon Philips drumming alone.

Permabanned
This is probably my favourite cover ever. It was originally a very downbeat Snoop Dogg thing, but the Gourds make it a singalong thing of pure joy.

I'm a big fan of snoop/hip hop from around that time and have to say this is one of the most bizarre covers I ever heard, it's brilliant. :D

Back
Top Bottom