Covers better than originals

Permabanned
My favourite song of all time covered by a band I'm really not a fan of, and yet...

She really does make it her own. The emotion in her expressions and body language shows that the song is as important to her as it is any true Fleetwood Mac fan. Superb.

Man of Honour
My favourite song of all time covered by a band I'm really not a fan of, and yet...

She really does make it her own. The emotion in her expressions and body language shows that the song is as important to her as it is any true Fleetwood Mac fan. Superb.

There is a HUGE part of that missing.
The song is supposed to be sang in harmony with another singer so it sounds empty to me.

Associate
Had a look through and couldnt see this added.

Disturbed - Sound of Silence
Surprised it hadn't been mentioned here, it was put in the GD Youtube thread.
The change in his voice from start to finish is just awesome. A great cover, and it got me listening the their other tracks too :).

Soldato
Disturbed - Sound of Silence

I do love this cover, but to say its better than the original is a big call, I love both but the original is still the better imo, its far more in keep with the lyrcs :)

My contribution
Just love that guitar riff. But **** Thin Lizzy's is also awesome, both are great but Metallica pip it for me!

Last edited:
Caporegime

Nah, no chance. :p Doesn't come anywhere close to this!

Courtney Love's comment on there sums it up perfectly:

it takes a band 30 years to get a performance this great, she hates him, he hates her , they're on more coke than the entire output of bolivia that year and its so dark and genius like a slam poetry competition with vey hugh stakes i live for this performance

Edit: and that ******* solo!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Live and Let Die - GnR
Knockin' On Heaven's Door - GnR
Nirvana - Man who sold the world (the original is great as well, but preferred the acoustic from Unplugged).
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Superstition
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Voodoo Child

Last edited:
Associate
John Mayer - Free Fallin (cover)

Original - Tom Petty (original)

Both great but I marginally prefer the John Mayer version.

Just throwing this out there though - how many are the covers here are better as they are often live versions. I know I prefer live versions often so maybe that is more it.

Back
Top Bottom