COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
Comparing China is not really all that valid, as we know the Chinese vaccines are bunk.

Look at NZ, who locked down for two years and got their population all jabbed up on Pfizer. Are infections soaring? Yes. Is anybody dying or becoming seriously ill? Basically, no.

Soldato
How deadly is it though ?

Also what the **** is going on with South Korea ? I thought they were doing so well

Never mind korea how about Hong Kong its appallingly bad at the moment low rates of vaccination especially amongst elderly and high transmissibility of omicron theres even pictures of hospital wards with body bags piled up next to the beds awaiting their occupants

Sharp rise in cases in northern europe lately looks likely to hit the US soon

Associate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkjBi7dOTAg

More discussion on how natural immunity is absolutely critical rather than relying solely on vaccination.

He bigs it up and has several times stated he wants to catch it now yet like all the pro herd immunity crowd actually means he wants everyone else to catch it so he doesn’t have to

If he wanted to catch it on purpose why isn’t he out there asking people to cough on him. I’m sure he knows someone who has it.

Man of Honour
He bigs it up and has several times stated he wants to catch it now yet like all the pro herd immunity crowd actually means he wants everyone else to catch it so he doesn’t have to

If he wanted to catch it on purpose why isn’t he out there asking people to cough on him. I’m sure he knows someone who has it.

No idea. Ask him. :)

Associate
I'd hate to be in China, not because of the people, but just because of their command and control behaviours.

There's no such thing as a zero disease strategy. Vaccination+immunity will minimise hospitalisation but relying solely on vaccination will just weaken over time and society will struggle to get going again if you force everyone into isolation constantly.

Gutted for you not being able to see your brother :(

Yep after two jabs and getting it right before i'd need a booster I've decided to go with my own immunity. I won't have anymore jabs unless it becomes a walking dead scenario ;)

I had two AZ jabs, you know the Great British Oxford vaccine that no one mentions anymore or has.

Man of Honour
Yep after two jabs and getting it right before i'd need a booster I've decided to go with my own immunity. I won't have anymore jabs unless it becomes a walking dead scenario ;)

I had two AZ jabs, you know the Great British Oxford vaccine that no one mentions anymore or has.

I had Pfizer but like you, I'm no longer having any more boosters unless the disease becomes problematic for people like me.

Man of Honour
I had Pfizer but like you, I'm no longer having any more boosters unless the disease becomes problematic for people like me.

I had a text from NHS saying that as an old stager, I was eligible for a fourth jab, when would suit me?
I forwarded it to a friend of mine, a New York psychologist, she replied, “Another one? What are you, a junkie?”
I said, “Hey, it’s all on the government’s dime, I should say no?”

Soldato
I had a text from NHS saying that as an old stager, I was eligible for a fourth jab, when would suit me?
I forwarded it to a friend of mine, a New York psychologist, she replied, “Another one? What are you, a junkie?”
I said, “Hey, it’s all on the government’s dime, I should say no?”

Where does the government get its dimes from?

Associate
I know a few people (both Chinese and British) who've come to the UK from China over the last two years. Why hasn't your brother been able to leave?

Because he has 2 kids and doesn’t trust the fact that he will be able to return without significant complications, including mandatory quarantine with potential separation of children and parents in the event of infection. Leaving is possible, but returning to the country for work together as a family is not guaranteed. Separation has, and does happen. It’s not worth the risk for them.

Soldato
How deadly is it though ?

Also what the **** is going on with South Korea ? I thought they were doing so well

They are reopening everything. They are returning to normal. There is no zero covid approach to this. Vaccinate and get on with things. The population has been largely unexposed so it’s no surprise to see these numbers. It’s at the top of their testing capacity too so they are running about 90%+ positivity rates at the moment.

Caporegime
I got it this week. Been working from home since December when Omicron came into the scene and have managed to avoid it for 2 years. My director called me one day in Feb and said “come back to the office from March.

Back 1 week and the guy sits next to me gets it and passed it to me. Now I’m back working from home again until it blows over. Annoying too because I have to cancel a shoot tomorrow because of it.

On the actual sickness side, just tiny bit of cough and blowing my nose, some sneezing but nothing else. No fever, no headache, no loss of smell or taste, no aches, no cold sweats. It’s been 5 days now and at worst I felt groggy slightly for a day or 2, like waking up before coffee feeling, but I don’t feel it any worse than a cold. Had it not for the test I would have totally thought it’s another cold.

So that’s 3 vaccines and actual covid, I should be pretty protected now for a while.

Soldato
My brother ordered 4 pre-flight pcr tests from Randox for an upcoming holiday but the destination cancelled that requirement a few days ago. He applied for a refund, which was successful. I kept hold of the unused tests to return them on his behalf while he's travelling, but they didn't send any return instructions, suggesting they don't want them back.

Anyone had the same?

Man of Honour
Where does the government get its dimes from?

Très drôle Trig, the NHS treating people on the government’s dime is a perfectly understandable thing for a New Yorker to hear and understand, particularly someone who works in the medical field.

Caporegime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkjBi7dOTAg

More discussion on how natural immunity is absolutely critical rather than relying solely on vaccination.

Not really. My neighbor has come down with covid for the 3rd time, and the 3rd time has been the hardest and the first time the had to go to hospital. Late 30s , very healthy lifestyle, sporty.

It was shown at the time of the boosters that the booster was far more effective than prior positive PCR results at reducing infection rates and serverity.

Natural immunity doesn't work when the virus mutates, just like flu snd the cold, which is aéso a Covid virus

Man of Honour
Not really. My neighbor has come down with covid for the 3rd time, and the 3rd time has been the hardest and the first time the had to go to hospital. Late 30s , very healthy lifestyle, sporty.

It was shown at the time of the boosters that the booster was far more effective than prior positive PCR results at reducing infection rates and serverity.

Natural immunity doesn't work when the virus mutates, just like flu snd the cold, which is aéso a Covid virus

Well the data seems to shows different but I guess there will always be anecdotal evidence that disprove it. It's a moving thing either way.

Although Scotland still has restrictions their numbers are going up as well as UK. So to me it's fairly clear that restrictions aren't really needed anymore. But that's my opinion. :)

Back
Top Bottom