COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
I'd take the 4th jab if offered but it probably won't be open to a wider age range until Autumn / Winter. Will likely have caught it by then (maybe even twice) so will reassess at the time but if you are over 75 and haven't had covid recently then a booster can't hurt.

Soldato
Très drôle Trig, the NHS treating people on the government’s dime is a perfectly understandable thing for a New Yorker to hear and understand, particularly someone who works in the medical field.

Indeed, my point was that the government pays for it with your taxes, but then lets also look at the fact that the government doesn't really have your best interests at heart...

Permabanned
Is Covid 19 political ? Does anyone care where an effective vaccine comes
from or is the WHO crowd now in the business of determining the politics of our health
treatments ?

Medicago Inc.'s COVID-19 vaccine is poised to become the first western
shot to be rejected by the World Health Organization, because of the
company's links to cigarette maker Philip Morris International Inc.

The Canadian biopharma company's request for pre-qualification of its
Covifenz shot wasn't accepted, according to the WHO's guidance document
dated March 2. That means the WHO is unlikely to approve the vaccine
for emergency use, which would also keep it out of the Covax global
vaccine-sharing facility.

"Due to its connections--it's partially owned by Philip Morris--the
process is put on hold," Mariangela Simao,the WHO's assistant
director-general for drug access, vaccines and pharmaceuticals, said at
a media briefing on Wednesday. "The WHO and the UN have a very strict
policy regarding engagement with the tobacco and arms industry, so it's
very likely it won't be accepted for emergency use listing."

This from the WHO that wanted the murderous tyrant Robert Mugabe as their "special envoy"....

Soldato
Well the data seems to shows different but I guess there will always be anecdotal evidence that disprove it. It's a moving thing either way.

Although Scotland still has restrictions their numbers are going up as well as UK. So to me it's fairly clear that restrictions aren't really needed anymore. But that's my opinion. :)

I also know someone who has had three different strains of COVID, and while physically they feel fine (can still go for runs and such), their head is now a permanent foggy mess, and they feel a lot dumber as a result.

Kid isn't even 20 yet.

Soldato
I'd take the 4th jab if offered but it probably won't be open to a wider age range until Autumn / Winter. Will likely have caught it by then (maybe even twice) so will reassess at the time but if you are over 75 and haven't had covid recently then a booster can't hurt.

I'm expecting Summer, assuming they can work out the problems with the Omicron specific jabs.

Man of Honour
Indeed, my point was that the government pays for it with your taxes, but then lets also look at the fact that the government doesn't really have your best interests at heart...

Granted Trig, no argument there, my NY psychologist friend’s brother-in-law is a paediatrician in a Connecticut hospital, he once asked me incredulously how TF people get treated for free in U.K.
I said, “Strictly speaking Dan, we don’t, it comes from the taxes and National Insurance that we pay.”
A lightbulb came on behind his eyes.

Caporegime
I also know someone who has had three different strains of COVID, and while physically they feel fine (can still go for runs and such), their head is now a permanent foggy mess, and they feel a lot dumber as a result.

Kid isn't even 20 yet.

This really, I'm not concerned about covid potentially killing me at all, but I'd rather not it mess up the rest of my life in these annoying ways that long-COVID can manifest.

And it's not just brain fog, there have been cases of random allergies just appearing too. Imagine living you life never having a cat allergy, having multiple cats, getting covid, and then developing a debilitating cat allergy. This might very well be what has happened to my wife. :(

Caporegime
My son has tested positive for COVID-19, first with a RAT test this morning and again with a PCR test he took this afternoon just to be sure. Two children at his school had already caught it, and he was a close contact in both cases. This is the first time any member of our family has tested positive.

We estimate that he contracted the virus in the week before his second Pfizer vaccine, when he was not fully protected.

My wife and I are both triple vaxxed (Pfizer x2 + Moderna x1) and our daughter is double vaxxed (Moderna x2). We have all tested negative for COVID.

Thankfully my son's symptoms are almost indistinguishable from a mild cold, and we're hoping this will continue for the duration of his sickness.

Our family is now in isolation for the next 7 days, which will be boring but preferable to a ventilator.

Granted Trig, no argument there, my NY psychologist friend’s brother-in-law is a paediatrician in a Connecticut hospital, he once asked me incredulously how TF people get treated for free in U.K.
I said, “Strictly speaking Dan, we don’t, it comes from the taxes and National Insurance that we pay.”
A lightbulb came on behind his eyes.

I hope you reminded him that even with taxes and NI, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the tens of thousands of dollars Americans are slugged every year in insurance premiums and medical bills.

Soldato
Got my test results back. They seem to have closed the trial now.

The blood sample results are below:

SARS-CoV-2 T Cells: Positive
77.5 pg/ml; IFN-g; test is positive if the value is above 22.7 pg/ml

COVID-19 vaccine-/infection-induced antibodies: Positive
>1000 U/ul; test is positive if the SARS-CoV-2 RBD IgG value is above 2.5 U/μl

COVID-19 infection-induced antibodies: Negative
1 U/ul; test is positive if the SARS-CoV-2 N IgG value is above 2.5 U/μl

Caporegime
Got my test results back. They seem to have closed the trial now.

The blood sample results are below:

SARS-CoV-2 T Cells: Positive
77.5 pg/ml; IFN-g; test is positive if the value is above 22.7 pg/ml

COVID-19 vaccine-/infection-induced antibodies: Positive
>1000 U/ul; test is positive if the SARS-CoV-2 RBD IgG value is above 2.5 U/μl

COVID-19 infection-induced antibodies: Negative
1 U/ul; test is positive if the SARS-CoV-2 N IgG value is above 2.5 U/μl

Great now you can get a covid recovery certificate and go anywhere.

Winner.

Back
Top Bottom