COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
When I wear a mask I’m much more conscious of what my hands do, it acts as a reminder not to touch things and then rub my face

Also shows that when things become optional in the UK no one does it. Imagine if speed limits were optional, would be total carnage as the UK public are dumb and only do the right then when rules are enforced
Exactly, it's sad that people need be forced by the government to do the right thing (and you need a good government willing to do the right thing in the first place which we sadly don't have). So much for common sense and the libertarian ideology, both have been proven to be absolute jokes by this pandemic and our response to it.

Soldato
3 days into covid, feel like hell, so much for vaccines
It's very random in terms of how you feel unfortunately and our vaccines are the ones formulated specifically against the original variant in early 2020 (yes, they have not moved on to tackle new variants specifically yet). They are not anywhere near as effective in reducing the transmission of Omicron because the virus spread and mutated so much so quickly in a way that favoured the virus (much more than even I expected in such a short time). We are boosting with those original vaccines which is not optimal and governments in the West only care about their short term hospitalisation numbers and deaths and only if they are putting the system at risk of total collapse because it seems many even want to ignore these.

Since we so obviously lost the vaccine arms race against the virus we need to hope the next generation of vaccines and treatments that are supposed to work against all current and future variants come to fruition and that Covid does not become more severe and/or more transmissible in the meantime (governments could really step up their efforts to vaccinate the rest of the world where vaccination rates are low, greatly improve ventilation and require high quality mask wearing in various indoor places to get transmission under control, but they seem to lack the political will and the courage). I wish I could share a better prognosis in terms of our situation and I hope you get better soon.

Last edited:
Associate
I reckon this won't be too far from what he says.

I didn't believe at the time that I was breaking the law. The Met Police have decided otherwise, and I must accept that, however there was no intention on my part to mislead the House - I did not do so knowingly. I shall remain as PM

(stolen from Pistionheads)

Man of Honour
Things COVID wise seem to be dropping off rapidly here 2-3 weeks ago people were dropping like flies, seems like the wave has mostly past and calming down for now. Be interesting to see if it drops below the current trend floor though or ever rises.

Though my GP sent quite blunt messages out yesterday that they are still dealing with extreme levels of staff absence due to COVID and if you don't have an existing appointment or something life threatening you are basically on your own as they can't deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom