COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Don
Yup, just came out the other day that the ONS were classing people vaccinated but dying inside 21 days as unvaccinated. This data was then extensively used by the ONS (and then the press etc etc) to demonstrate the vaccine was "safe and effective".

They knew at least over a year ago this was the case but have been pubilcally denying it was the case, even after the Statistics Regulator told them to stop making this claim, but it's only come to light now due to FOI requests providing internal emails about it.

UTT

UTT

Associate
Yup, just came out the other day that the ONS were classing people vaccinated but dying inside 21 days as unvaccinated. This data was then extensively used by the ONS (and then the press etc etc) to demonstrate the vaccine was "safe and effective".

They knew at least over a year ago this was the case but have been pubilcally denying it was the case, even after the Statistics Regulator told them to stop making this claim, but it's only come to light now due to FOI requests providing internal emails about it.

Not really a surprise

Good job we've got got a multi million £ enquiry into it else those lawyers would be down the food bank

Soldato
Since we're doing study posts, here's a review on masks: https://journals.asm.org/doi/10.1128/cmr.00124-23

In summary: all masks work to some degree, better masks work better (surprise surprise), the greater the number of people wearing masks in a community, the better they work.

Some people will still deny this up and down 5 years later though...

Last edited:
Associate
On top of a 2 day reduction in average time to recovery, hidden away in the detail is:

Hospitalisation/death at 28 days Ivermectin - 34/2157 (1.6%) Other treatments - 144/3256 (4.4%)

Now, they explain this away that their trial randomness, probably wasn't actually random. Oops :p

Also, figure 3 shows that they reckon that ivermectin would have been effective in un-vaccinated people, similar to Paxlovid (and hence why they say Ivermectin isn't effective in vaccinated populations). Shame it's taken this long to get to that point, given that its dirt cheap and readily available.
Fair enough, the main point I took from it was that it's ineffective in a mostly vaccinated population, which I assume that applies to us. Or does it? Are people still getting vaccinated being as it costs about £100 as most people don't qualify for free vaccinations now.

Soldato
Since we're doing study posts, here's a review on masks: https://journals.asm.org/doi/10.1128/cmr.00124-23

In summary: all masks work to some degree, better masks work better (surprise surprise), the greater the number of people wearing masks in a community, the better they work.

Some people will still deny this up and down 5 years later though...

Masks work. There's no denying that...

But you also can't deny that it's futile to expect every man woman and child to be supplied with enough PPE and suitable training to make masks work en masse.

They could at best slow a spread but keep banging on about them being a solution is dumb.

Choice is yours if you want to wear masks but that's on you to maintain. Don't expect the rest of us to care as much as you.

Associate
I always wear a mask if I have a bug of any sort and need to nip to the shop/supermarket for essentials etc. Preferably I stay at home when ill. I don't want to pass on what I have be it a minor cold or flu or covid etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Masks work. There's no denying that...
and yet so many did, even when we WERE expected to wear them and before the vaccine.
as for training on how to wear them, yes there are some skills which can be taught but things like cover your mouth AND nose are just obvious but sadly some were oblivious

I no longer wear one generally and don't expect others to generally either but if I am ill esp with COVID but have to go out, to me it seems selfish not to use them.

Last edited:
Soldato
and yet so many did, even when we WERE expected to wear them and before the vaccine.
as for training on how to wear them, yes there are some skills which can be taught but things like cover your mouth AND nose are just obvious but sadly some were oblivious

I no longer wear one generally and don't expect others to generally either but if I am ill esp with COVID but have to go out, to me it seems selfish not to then.

I think it's disingenuous to say people don't think masks work. For decades people have seen surgeons on TV wearing masks and firemen wearing respirators. People know masks have a place.

People just don't think masks could make much difference in such an uncontrolled environment, much like many people thought one way systems were pointless and were implemented in some ridiculous ways.

The billions spent on dodgy PPE contracts and the obscene amount of landfill it must have led to makes me feel it was a big waste of time. For the record I wore masks with the majority, got vaccinated and walked down many retarded one way arrows.

Just rather than doubling down on believing it was all a great idea, I have now started to think it was all badly handled. Regardless of the fact it came as a "surprise".

UTT

UTT

Associate
There was also 'scotch egg', group of 6, mask on for toilet off for sitting down, garden centres, Durham Eye test, nightingales, literally billions of £ track & trace, Michelle mone etc etc the list is endless

Soldato
I'm not sure this video is about a covid patient. But it's about hospital staff making stupid inappropriate videos dancing around and posting it online.

I've never met anyone who would post themselves making this kind of video. Do they really lack self awareness or is someone else organising it?

Why would a female nurse be wanting to see a patient "morning wood"? ...and think it's ok to post the video online?

Man of Honour
I haven't read this thread for 3 weeks, my word Salami must be the worst person I've ever seen on here down that rabbit hole but claims he's got a high IQ :)
Even me in a humble Admin role had to go and work on a Covid ward because we'd run out of proper clinical staff.
I had to take hours and hours of crying staff members calls who couldn't cope any more and some close to suicide.
I could take a camera through my hospital corridors now and you'd hardly see anybody because guess what? All the patients are behind at least two closed doors.
Does Salami think you walk in a hospital and see all the patients in beds immediately :)
There was even that horrible ***** Louise Hampton filming empty A&E's, does she not know all the main triaged patients are behind closed doors?
I did tell her that on her Facebook page and had 50,000 followers against me.
It beggars belief that people like Salami can be so gullible :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm not sure this video is about a covid patient. But it's about hospital staff making stupid inappropriate videos dancing around and posting it online.

I don't know about that video but when our staff started Tik Tok'ing, even though they were doing it in a break, I went on our NHS Facebook page and begged them to stop.
I was told I was being too serious but I said absolute pillocks would hold it against them as though they were doing nothing and there was no Covid etc.
Every time they did a video I became very unpopular with staff wanting a bit of light relief and look what happened :(

Associate
I don't know about that video but when our staff started Tik Tok'ing, even though they were doing it in a break, I went on our NHS Facebook page and begged them to stop.
I was told I was being too serious but I said absolute pillocks would hold it against them as though they were doing nothing and there was no Covid etc.
Every time they did a video I became very unpopular with staff wanting a bit of light relief and look what happened :(
Humour has it's place that's for sure. Wife's uncle was a grave digger and worked for a few undertakers in his life, some of his stories were absolutely hilarious (the way he told them).

Man of Honour
Humour has it's place that's for sure. Wife's uncle was a grave digger and worked for a few undertakers in his life, some of his stories were absolutely hilarious (the way he told them).

The only trouble with the Tik Tok dances was they were misplaced and people like Salami still think nobody was working and Covid was being exaggerated when I knew the pain a lot were going through.
I'd walk through the hospital and see Clinicians crying on the floor and somewhere in a corridor several Nurses would be dancing after working continuously for 10 hours.

Associate
The only trouble with the Tik Tok dances was they were misplaced and people like Salami still think nobody was working and Covid was being exaggerated when I knew the pain a lot were going through.
I'd walk through the hospital and see Clinicians crying on the floor and somewhere in a corridor several Nurses would be dancing after working continuously for 10 hours.
You can go into my local GH now and have the main corridor empty depending on what time of day it is, but they have seen it on YouTube, x or what ever and it's gospel according to whoever has put it up.

Man of Honour
You can go into my local GH now and have the main corridor empty depending on what time of day it is, but they have seen it on YouTube, x or what ever and it's gospel according to whoever has put it up.

In my hospital you can go through up to 3 doors before you see a patient in a bed, @Malevolence can back this up, but people like Salami watching Louise Hampton's videos took it all in :)

Back
Top Bottom