COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
My grandmother going to hospital after falling out of bed, was tested positive is the ignition for her to get some daily care.

She’s struggling on her own - macula, arthritis and not eating. Plus not washing herself. As my parents have noticed her having BO and the level of the shower gel hasn’t gone down in a month

Man of Honour
Lots of waffle but no substance as usual.

There are not clouds of covid ‘gas‘ floating around supermarkets waiting to be inhaled - chances of catching it from a complete stranger with no social interaction in normal circumstances must be absolutely tiny.
You realise everytime you breathe out you actually put lots of tiny droplets of water vapour in the atmosphere - imagine if you were a smoker or a vaper, your breath is left in suspension in the atmosphere, so people behind you could potentially be breathing in your breath. This is why environments like the tube and unventilated environments are prime environments for saturating the air with humidity from breath (as well as sweat etc...) which as a result can increase the chance of covid particles being inhaled/spread.

Admittedly outside the chances reduce drastically as there is a breeze which dilutes the contribution significantly - wearing a mask basically reduces the chance of you spreading it in those in more enclosed environments.

Now I'm not sure what the PPM (parts per million) of an infected person emits, but that's how colds / flu are spread, through aerosol function.

I'm sure @Tephnos or @Robbo will correct me if I've got that wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the basic of it.

Soldato
Are you sggesting that you can catch covid from passive smoking? That’s a new one - cigarette smoke behaves as it does because it’s smoke.

Any vapours from normal breathing would go about a foot before gravity takes over. How much exposure is required to get infected and over how long? Map that to walking around a shop.

The tube is also irrelevant compared to a normal shopping trip.

Man of Honour
Are you sggesting that you can catch covid from passive smoking? That’s a new one - cigarette smoke behaves as it does because it’s smoke.

Any vapours from normal breathing would go about a foot before gravity takes over. How much exposure is required to get infected and over how long? Map that to walking around a shop.

The tube is also irrelevant compared to a normal shopping trip.
I meant the way the cloud of smoke hangs in the air is similar to how droplets of breath hang in the air. Droplets of breath don't fall because of gravity they can suspend in the air, carried by vortices and so on. I agree outside it's less likely, in a well ventilated shop again the chances are lower than they could be, but the chances are higher than outdoors. If someone sneezes into their hand and touches something bugs can linger for hours.

Not sure what the concentration or ppm you need to get infected but I bet you wash your hands after using the tube, or being in a shop or whatever even before COVID....

Soldato
Normal breath does not spread out like some gas cloud because it’s not directed under any real pressure. Coughs and sneezes do but people generally cover their mouths. Even if there was some mythical cloud people walking through it would disperse it. It makes no logical sense for someone to catch covid unless they are standing within a directed stream i.e. social contact like talking.

Soldato
Did you fall into a coma for the last two years and just wake up?
What can you catch coma in the supermarket now?

It’s the same old same old in this thread - we have to just accept the hysteria on faith because no one can ever back up their scare stories with any evidence.

If you want to believe that covid spreads like sarin gas in Asda or that face coverings are effective then fine.

Back
Top Bottom