COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
Yeah my recent bout did this too. Tested positive on the Tuesday, by Friday my red line was practically glowing... and Saturday evening it had practically disappeared.

My take on it is that the first time you're infected with it the virus hangs around for ages - I tested positive for a fortnight! - whereas this time it was barely five days. Same happened with my wife.

Same with me too think this was my second dose of it.

Man of Honour
An interesting itv programme on at 9pm about the NHS doctors and nurses trying to cope with the influx of covid patients.

A sizable number of doctors and (mainly) nurses contracted covid and some went on to have long covid.

When this comes on I'll have to stay away from here and other Social Media sites because of the Conspiracy Theorists calling it out :(

Soldato
Every infection I'm getting recently seems to feel like covid, with the weird smells, got a really rattly chest now making it hard to breath but had to come into work as I can't take time off until June 18th. But 5 viruses in 5 months literally on average every 3 weeks I need to take downtime from, activities such as cycling, seems really odd. Haven't actually took a covid test, tink it's time for the normal flu jab.

Associate
Every infection I'm getting recently seems to feel like covid, with the weird smells, got a really rattly chest now making it hard to breath but had to come into work as I can't take time off until June 18th. But 5 viruses in 5 months literally on average every 3 weeks I need to take downtime from, activities such as cycling, seems really odd. Haven't actually took a covid test, tink it's time for the normal flu jab.

I've had the same but most of mine were pre Christmas. I have young kids and it was just virus after virus. I reckon I had about 4 and every one of them went onto my chest. Not sure a flu jab would help prevent those though? I assume I didn't actually have flu as I could carry on with life albeit it was just hard to breath at times and cycling was at a much slower pace than usual.

I was just getting my power back up post Christmas on the wattbike and then another virus hit me. This one is again sat on my chest. As I posted I did have a faint positive on one test last week but the two others I did whilst I had this virus were negative so who knows. Cycle into work this morning was on the slower side again. As I have young kids it is inevitable I will get these so I just carry on and work around it as best as poss.

Last edited:
Associate
Same, last dose was feverish and wiped me out and left a foul residual cough. 4 weeks later its almost gone..!

Caporegime

That tweet is a shameless lie. The law is not about mRNA vaccines, and does not criminalise criticism of mRNA vaccines. The legislation is aimed at anti-science gurus, cult, and sects who manipulate their followers into rejecting science based medicine.

MzZpeqE.png

Soldato
The problem with the whole vaccine debate on both sides is the positions have become so rigid that it is impacting further research.

Saying the vaccine is perfect is as brainwashed as saying it's evil.

What I'm more concerned about is covid itself. Both sides seem reluctant to talk about. The anti vaxxers seem to forget covid exists, while pro vaxxers think taking the vaccine will fix all covid related issues.

There seems very little appetite to have a conversation. Covid hasn't been stopped. It's still spreading. It's still triggering long term conditions in millions of people, yet governments don't seem keen to invest in treatments for it. Most of the treatments being studied are from private business using their own money.

Many people fear the governments are leaving it like they did with ME/CFS.

As it stands today you can take all the vaccines you want. But if you keep getting reinfected you'll eventually get long covid symptoms in some form.

Last edited:
Associate
I've come down with my 3rd bug (flu/covid) within 12 months, 2 of them caused directly by my brother who has zero common sense. If you're knowingly in the company of someone who has a bug, surely common sense would stop you then being in the company of a 76 year old woman (his mum) the next day, and me, until u knew u were ok atleast. He didn't have to visit. But yes he did, bleeping idiot tbh i'm fuming. Not sure whether this 1 is flu or covid (I have no tests at hand). It hasn't had the turbo ill feeling for 24 hours I had with covid last August but I've lost my sense of taste which iirc is correlated with covid.

Soldato
I seem to have bumped into the deluded world of the anti vaxxers on X.

What surprises me is they have many conspiracy theories about the vaccine. But nothing at all to say about covid itself.

The wet market bat theory was eventually exposed and now we know it likely escaped from the Wuhan lab that were doing experiments on accelerating viruses. Surprisingly the anti vaxxers have no problem with that and are willing to be infected by it. Literal crazy thinking.

Back
Top Bottom