COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
It costs nothing to do some googling that everyone has access to in order to figure this stuff out.

But no, they'll read tripe off of Facebook and parrot it all the same.

Idiots for sure. There's no excuse in today's world of such easily accessible information.

I've kinda lost track of who is "they" now to be honest. Anti vaccers I can understand are a dumb, but I never took too much offence to the types that got mixed up on what to expect from the word "vaccine" . Not everyone of every generation googles everything.

Social media maybe rife with anti vaccers (is it? I don't do Facebook etc) but in my day to day life I don't think I've come across anyone vocal about antivac.

I think considering around 90% of the population had at least one dose, and 80% had the booster, the majority of people aren't anti vaccine and are probably just feeling they don't need further boosters at their stage in life.

It's like everything needs to be "us and them" these days.

Man of Honour
Probably because pre-covid, the definition of a vaccine was, once taking said vaccine you would be immune from said disease.

WRONG 100% wrong, maybe in your head.
Where do you get this rubbish from?
In my life I've had at least 4x Hepatitis, rabies, malaria and other vaccines multiple times and lets not forget about Flu every year.

Last edited:
Soldato
WRONG 100% wrong, maybe in your head.
Where do you get this rubbish from?
In my life I've had at least 4x Hepatitis, rabies, malaria and other vaccines multiple times and lets not forget about Flu every year.
Seriously, why even bother engaging at this point. They've been told over and over again, but just come back later with the same rubbish.

Soldato
Hopefully it will eventually sink in that they are spouting crap.

@maschio do you really believe one shot of ANY vaccine protects you for life? Where did you get that info from?

No vaccine is 100% effective however the covid one is pretty crap in the grand scheme of things..

Regardless it did its job in getting us out of lockdown before the EU, it maybe still saves some (vulnerable) from serious disease and helps with the hypochondriacs so meh whatever.

What happened to it being commercially available? Is there no market for it?

Man of Honour
No vaccine is 100% effective however the covid one is pretty crap in the grand scheme of things..

Regardless it did its job in getting us out of lockdown before the EU, it maybe still saves some (vulnerable) from serious disease and helps with the hypochondriacs so meh whatever.

Why can't you CTers line up your crackpot theories with each other :)

Man of Honour
Maybe you have shares in Astra zeneca, I don’t know, but trying to shut down any criticism of vaccines as being conspiracy theories is pretty pathetic - you should move to Scotland.

With the amount of comorbidities I have and the serious warnings I was given about catching Covid I 100% believe Astra Zeneca saved my life or at least saved me from what BowdonUK is suffering.
I have absolutely zero doubts about that.
Yes, I have witnessed and received many calls from many staff at the hospital having bad side effects from Astra Zeneca and some that refused to take another dose so I haven't shut down any criticisms of it however I totally believe it has done more good than harm.
At the moment we have around 70 Covid patients with around 50% unvaccinated, the other 50% are seriously ill people anyway who were vaccinated.
This is where you say "well perhaps the vaccine made them seriously ill" :)

Soldato
With the amount of comorbidities I have and the serious warnings I was given about catching Covid I 100% believe Astra Zeneca saved my life or at least saved me from what BowdonUK is suffering.
I have absolutely zero doubts about that.
Yes, I have witnessed and received many calls from many staff at the hospital having bad side effects from Astra Zeneca and some that refused to take another dose so I haven't shut down any criticisms of it however I totally believe it has done more good than harm.
At the moment we have around 70 Covid patients with around 50% unvaccinated, the other 50% are seriously ill people anyway who were vaccinated.
This is where you say "well perhaps the vaccine made them seriously ill" :)
Which part of my post disagrees with the above?

Soldato

You praised the Flu vaccine yet it has around the same efficacy as today's covid vaccines.

And you can start getting them privately this month. It's about 100 quid for Pfizer and half that for Novavax, the more traditional vaccine type.

Man of Honour
Your Conspiracy Theories

The Covid vaccine has been very successful in the grand scheme of things, if there was no vaccine imagine where we would be now.
However you believe in your conspiracy theory BS so probably think they've done nothing to help us get out and about with less deaths.

it maybe still saves some (vulnerable) from serious disease

It's as though you still don't believe it with typing 'maybe'.

Soldato
You praised the Flu vaccine yet it has around the same efficacy as today's covid vaccines.

And you can start getting them privately this month. It's about 100 quid for Pfizer and half that for Novavax, the more traditional vaccine type.

Is that efficacy based on matching the flu vacinne with the correspondong strain? Or just in general / on average?

This forum likes anecdotes so I can say with certainty that I have never had flu after an annual flu jab but did get covid after 3 covid jabs lol..

£100 lol - sales figures will be interesting.. whose getting it on here? Can you pre-order?

Soldato
Your Conspiracy Theories

The Covid vaccine has been very successful in the grand scheme of things, if there was no vaccine imagine where we would be now.
However you believe in your conspiracy theory BS so probably think they've done nothing to help us get out and about with less deaths.

It's as though you still don't believe it with typing 'maybe'.

Selectively editing my quote really doesn't help your position - I've qualified my position, youre just ranting.

Regardless are you seriously suggesting my use of the word 'maybe' qualifies as a conspiracy theory? :cry:

Soldato
That you knew about, perhaps the jab kept it mild or like many cases of flu you were asymptomatic. I doubt you were tested for flu in any case.

Ive not been ill (other than covid after 3 jabs) and as flu is likely to affect most healthy people more than covid I think I'd have a good idea.

Soldato
Ive not been ill (other than covid after 3 jabs) and as flu is likely to affect most healthy people more than covid I think I'd have a good idea.
You have no idea, most cases are so mild people dont even know they have had it. The severe cases, or being bed bound etc are very much the tip of the flu iceberg.

Soldato
Is that efficacy based on matching the flu vacinne with the correspondong strain? Or just in general / on average?

This forum likes anecdotes so I can say with certainty that I have never had flu after an annual flu jab but did get covid after 3 covid jabs lol..

£100 lol - sales figures will be interesting.. whose getting it on here? Can you pre-order?

The Flu vaccine on a good year with well-matched strains is about 50-60% efficacy. Some bad years can be as low as 20%.

The latest XBB 1.5 booster is around 50-60% effective against the latest JN.1 varaints, even accounting for waning after a couple of months (actually, it seems antibody waning wasn't happening anymore as expected from the last read I did in January). We are in a pretty good place overall with the covid vaccines right now. As it seems that antibody evasion is starting to hit a roadblock and the virus is running out of options to evade immunity, barring any major mutations again we could start to see further updated vaccines become more effective again and stay that way.

You can order the vaccine from pharmacies who offer it like boots by booking an appointment like the usual flu jab. If I were to get boosted I'd just take the Novavax. As effective as Moderna and half the price of the Pfizers so it's a no brainer.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You have no idea, most cases are so mild people dont even know they have had it. The severe cases, or being bed bound etc are very much the tip of the flu iceberg.

My wife has had Covid twice and only knew about it when she tested, otherwise she had no idea.
Me on the other hand had it 3 times confirmed with proper tests, sneezed once an hour, coughed once an hour and lost my taste one time.
Meanwhile some people like Bowdon have life long illnesses because of Covid.
Some people still aren't getting it :(
I've never had flu in 66 years so the person who claimed we are more likely to get flu than Covid is talking a load of bull.

Back
Top Bottom