COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
From what I can tell about Campbell is he's a teaching nurse. Some of his old videos are explaining one of my conditions, type 2 respiratory failure.

My complaint about Campbell is he focuses too much on the vaccine and not enough on covid, long covid, or the treatments for cures and prevention.

There are at least 47 trials in progress at the moment. Yet I haven't seen one video of his going indepth about treatments.

It is a shame he didn't transition in to talking about treatments as he has a bigger platform than most other people in the field.

Associate
From what I can tell about Campbell is he's a teaching nurse. Some of his old videos are explaining one of my conditions, type 2 respiratory failure.

My complaint about Campbell is he focuses too much on the vaccine and not enough on covid, long covid, or the treatments for cures and prevention.

There are at least 47 trials in progress at the moment. Yet I haven't seen one video of his going indepth about treatments.

It is a shame he didn't transition in to talking about treatments as he has a bigger platform than most other people in the field.
I don't think that he would get the views if he went down that route.

Soldato
I don't think that he would get the views if he went down that route.
It's a shame because on other video interviews I've seen with other people current medical researchers and consultants talk about the effects of covid on the body and how they are looking at ways to resolve it.

Though it's possible Campbell as made himself persona non-grata with his current path.

Associate
It's a shame because on other video interviews I've seen with other people current medical researchers and consultants talk about the effects of covid on the body and how they are looking at ways to resolve it.

Though it's possible Campbell as made himself persona non-grata with his current path.
Haven't got a clue about him, just looked him up quickly to post a reply.

Soldato

He doesn't care about any of that, he has to keep feeding the frothers.

Man of Honour

Personally not a fan of the way when there is any interest in studying long COVID they try to lump it as one identifiable and curable with a specific treatment disease. While there may be some forms of long COVID which are much more common I'm fairly sure long COVID is a consequence of how the disease can infect the body more broadly resulting in a varied reduction in effectiveness of mechanisms all over the body - some which will recover with time others irreparably damaged. As well as some specific conditions where the virus might linger, etc. etc.

Personally think that even with mild COVID this is happening in a fair number of cases but for a lot of people who do experience it the result will just be taking a bit longer to get out of bed in the morning or feeling tired after running 1500m when they used to do 1600m, etc. and just put down to getting older, etc. if they notice at all.

Last edited:
Commissario
Got to say I never saw anything which listed "clotting" as one of symptoms of covid

Headache, flu like symptoms, fatigue etc but never mycardia
IIRC it's not a "symptom" in that you personally would notice it, but it has been observed in lab tests of people that were ill with covid and those that died of it.
It's also IIRC being shown in some patients with long covid regardless of if they ever had a vaccine*.
Myocardia is basically an inflammation of the heart, surprisingly common with a lot of nasty infections especially those that can affect multiple parts of the body (viral and auto immune especially), but again unless you see the right medical professional at the right time you might never know you had it as it often clears up over time, so unless you're hospitalised for something and they check your heart you might never know.

Basically one of the things covid does is it mucks with the blood/blood vessels which is why you can get damage from it all over the body.

*I've seen a couple of studies where it's been suggested that a cheap way to help screen for possible long covid it to basically take a blood sample and use a dye that binds to the clots, then have a computer (or human) look for the dye showing up under a microscope, the reasoning being that tiny clots might not cause major obvious damage, but could restrict the flow of blood (and thus oxygen) to the smallest blood vessels in the body, which would have an effect on how well your muscles work and brain function. Basically you'd potentially be performing like you were in a low oxygen environment, with the possibility of muscles going into an anaerobic metabolic state early (effectively your muscles would be acting like you'd done a lot of work such as long distance running when you might have just had a walk).

Commissario
Personally not a fan of the way when there is any interest in studying long COVID they try to lump it as one identifiable and curable with a specific treatment disease. While there may be some forms of long COVID which are much more common I'm fairly sure long COVID is a consequence of how the disease can infect the body more broadly resulting in a varied reduction in effectiveness of mechanisms all over the body - some which will recover with time others irreparably damaged. As well as some specific conditions where the virus might linger, etc. etc.

Personally think that even with mild COVID this is happening in a fair number of cases but for a lot of people who do experience it, the result will just be taking a bit longer to get out of bed in the morning or feeling tired after running 1500m when they used to do 1600m, etc. and just put down to getting older, etc. if they notice at all.
Yup

IIRC we know that covid can affect basically any organ so it makes sense that depending on the strain you got, your prior health and genetics it might be affecting different things in different people.

Man of Honour
Got to say I never saw anything which listed "clotting" as one of symptoms of covid

I dealt with many Post Mortem reports where it was listed and sadly two friends also died in 2020 of blood clots because of Covid.
If you look right back on the threads on here you will see I posted things like "Well if you don't get the vaxx because you think you'll get blood clots you will get them if you get Covid bad"

Last edited:
Associate
I don't think anyone even cares about it. The only ones that do are ones with a long Covid symptom.

No one is behaving any differently to how they did before the pandemic.

Once they stopped caring enough to provide me with free test kits I stopped caring enough to buy them.
That's because of the public's attention span not being any longer than a goldfish

Man of Honour
I don't think anyone even cares about it. The only ones that do are ones with a long Covid symptom.

No one is behaving any differently to how they did before the pandemic.

Once they stopped caring enough to provide me with free test kits I stopped caring enough to buy them.

It is weird, mostly behaviour has gone back to normal but occasionally I'll see one off days where there is an up tick of people are wearing masks for no rhyme or reason I'm aware of. (Most mask wearing now does seem to be due to having or having had long COVID - we had a lady in work the other day who was masked up due to months of vertigo post having COVID and she did not want that again).

I occasionally have moments where I'll walk into a shop and as I cross the threshold at the door it hits me I'm not wearing a mask for a moment and just feels kind of odd.

Last edited:
Soldato
It is weird, mostly behaviour has gone back to normal but occasionally I'll see one off days where there is an up tick of people are wearing masks for no rhyme or reason I'm aware of. (Most mask wearing now does seem to be due to having or having had long COVID - we had a lady in work the other day who was masked up due to months of vertigo post having COVID and she did not want that again).

I occasionally have moments where I'll walk into a shop and as I cross the threshold at the door it hits me I'm not wearing a mask for a moment and just feels kind of odd.

Personally I'm still masking when going to supermarkets or whatever because after covid gave me long covid in the form of tinnitus that didn't go away (7ish months) until I self-medicated on prednisolone, I'm not having that again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting genomic lineage graph there I've not seen before - looks like vaccines probably had a big hand in Delta being replaced by other lineages from a simplistic reading.

I'd doubt that... Omicron was just a completely different beast in terms of infectivity. The strains pre-vaccine couldn't hold a candle to how insanely well Omicron just flew around everywhere within weeks.

Soldato
While no one seems to be talking about anymore its still disabling people every day. Now we have started the clamp down on disabled and sick culture as thats the issue not the fact the rates of disabled are skyrocketing for some unknown reason.

Back
Top Bottom