COVID-19 (Coronavirus) discussion

Soldato
Personally I'm still masking when going to supermarkets or whatever because after covid gave me long covid in the form of tinnitus that didn't go away (7ish months) until I self-medicated on prednisolone, I'm not having that again.
How can you prove Covid gave you tinnitus, and not the shots? I assume you had them if you're still masking up...

Last edited:
Soldato
How can you prove Covid gave you tinnitus, and not the shots? I assume you had them if you're still masking up...
The 'good' thing about covid is all the symptoms can easily be traced to covid, or soon after.

Tinnitus is one of the common symptoms of covid. I was reading the story of the founder of the Texas Roadhouse chain in the US who caught covid and got Tinnitus, amongst other symptoms. He ended up taking his own life because he couldn't take it anymore.

Soldato

...because I got the tinnitus while I had covid, which was 3/4ths of a year after my last shot? Because I could no longer pop my ears while I had covid, clearly indicating eustachian tube dysfunction?

Last edited:
Soldato
It is amazing how many of the anti vaxxxers give actual covid a pass.

This is the covid that governments lied and said it was from a bat at a Chinese wet market when it actual came from an experiment at the Wuhan lab.

One guy who sent me the standard npc message whenever covid is mentioned "Did you have the vaccine!?", thought the spike protein was only in the vaccine. When I told him it's in covid too he stopped replying.

Soldato
...because I got the tinnitus while I had covid, which was 3/4ths of a year after my last shot? Because I could no longer pop my ears while I had covid, clearly indicating eustachian tube dysfunction?
I wasn't being argumentative. Genuinely asking how you could know the difference.

So it's worth noting the vaccine didn't do it's job. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you're having the issue.

Man of Honour

You can't be sure, but when symptoms you don't normally have come on around COVID and/or develop with a case of COVID the likelihood is they are COVID related.

Commissario
I wasn't being argumentative. Genuinely asking how you could know the difference.

So it's worth noting the vaccine didn't do it's job. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you're having the issue.
The vaccine almost certainly did do it's job by reducing the effects of the virus.

Which depending on which vaccine it was, and the variant he caught is actually pretty impressive given that for example a flu jab for a variant of Flu A might not cover you at all for a slightly different variant of Flu A let alone a Flu B type.

Soldato

I no longer have the issue, as prednisolone cured it. Inflammation in the Eustachian tube that wasn't going away, so I had to go for the nuclear option.

The illness itself was very mild, worst thing symptoms wise during the infection was a glass sore throat.

The vaccine almost certainly did do it's job by reducing the effects of the virus.

Which depending on which vaccine it was, and the variant he caught is actually pretty impressive given that for example a flu jab for a variant of Flu A might not cover you at all for a slightly different variant of Flu A let alone a Flu B type.

I got the BA.5 vaccine from Moderna, and the variant I probably got infected with was EG.5... so yeah, pretty immune evasive by that point. EG.5 was really clearing up the last of us who has never caught covid that summer pretty rapidly.

Soldato
whilst it would be nice if the vaccine was the perfect bullet to eradicate COVID i think it was apparent very early on that this was simply not going to be the case...... I would say the covid vaccine is more like the flu jab, its main job is to decrease the probability of getting it, reduce the symptoms if you do get it and most importantly keep you out of hospital (or the morgue)....but even the biggest covid vaccine fan would be unlikely to suggest it makes you immune from all strains of covid..

Now i know not everyone takes the flu jab (though as someone who has had flu once i will say god knows why, as its awful and i never want it again...... - for me worse than covid but i didn't get covid before getting the vaccine) but few people would argue that the flu jab doesn't help massively (on the condition that it is correctly targetted for the variant of choice for any given outbreak)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
but even the biggest covid vaccine fan would be unlikely to suggest it makes you immune from all strains of covid

100%, I've had Covid 3 times but 100% positive that it decreased my symptoms.
I take 10 pills in a morning because I have so many comorbidities and before jabs I was told I was seriously at risk.
It astounds me that tin foil hatters have no clue about how any vaccine works or they believe it's only the Covid jab that isn't real.

Last edited:
Associate
100%, I've had Covid 3 times but 100% positive that it decreased my symptoms.
I take 10 pills in a morning because I have so many comorbidities and before jabs I was told I was seriously at risk.
It astounds me that tin foil hatters have no clue about any vaccine works or they believe it's only the Covid jab that isn't real.

I find it generally stems from a hugely inflated sense of self-worth.

Put simply, they are stupid and ignorant but their ego keeps telling them they are a Rockstar.

Last edited:
Associate
You cant really say if the covid the vaccine helped you get over covid quicker or not.

I have had covid 3 times also. But never had the vaccine and all 3 times i have recovered faster than people i know who have had the vaccine.

Now if i had infact had it, i could easily argue that it was the vaccine that made me recover so fast....

Associate
You cant really say if the covid the vaccine helped you get over covid quicker or not.

I have had covid 3 times also. But never had the vaccine and all 3 times i have recovered faster than people i know who have had the vaccine.

Now if i had infact had it, i could easily argue that it was the vaccine that made me recover so fast....

That's not entirely true though is it?

We have plenty of statistics that show (on average) recovery from Covid to be improved in vaccinated patients.

Statistics in the millions, not you and a handful of your mates to "compare" against.

People really need to stop basing their decisions on a tiny sample size of "local people they know", it's just not smart.

Last edited:
Soldato

Perhaps its difficult to prove it now, because with or without the vaccine most people have some immunity now......... HOWEVER back in 2020/2021 when (numbers plucked out of air) ~75% of people were jabbed but despite that ~80% of people who were in ICU were unjabbed, (or had only had the jab after starting with symptoms ie too little too late) then i would saythat is pretty compelling evidence to the effectiveness of the jab.

now, you could argue that today the vaccine is less important, precisely because there is so much natural immunity combined with the herd immunity effect, you may also have a point if you were to suggest that perhaps more recent strains of the virus are less deadly. I am not sure, but i would not argue either way on that either.

BUT to suggest the vaccine hasn't been hugely effective is crazy talk, and i know anyone i know and care for who are at risk, such as my parents, i would be v cross with them if they decided to stop taking any jabs offered.

My view is where we are is about balanced now. people over 70, and those at risk are encouraged to get the vaccine. The only things are, I would probably lower that to 60, and also i would like to see added in the option to buy the vaccine over the counter for anyone who wants it for what ever reason .

Last edited:
Associate
I guess i am not a statistic because i have not been counted on the fact that i have not been put in the study. But yet here i am recovering just fine, and in most cases faster than people who have had the jab.

Im not bothered either way, have the jab, dont have it. Does not matter to me. But for me i decided not to take it.

Also i am not actually against anyone taking it for whatever reason they decide to, either because they have a health condition or just the fact they feel safer having had it. And i would not say to anyone to have or not have the jab.

If i had children and it was my choice if they had it or not, honestly i would be 50/50.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom