• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPUZ Benchmark (all welcome)

Associate
OP
I just ordered some liquid metal as a thermal medium, instead of conventional thermal paste.

We will see how the heatkiller responds, however I am on the hunt for a new waterblock that is less restrictive. If I can lower the temps by just a few degrees, I can probably bench at 5700Mhz and hold a little more stability.

Soldato
I just ordered some liquid metal as a thermal medium, instead of conventional thermal paste.

We will see how the heatkiller responds, however I am on the hunt for a new waterblock that is less restrictive. If I can lower the temps by just a few degrees, I can probably bench at 5700Mhz and hold a little more stability.

The velocity2 has good flow but i really dont like its mounting mech, much prefer the old style of springs etc

Associate
OP
The velocity2 has good flow but i really dont like its mounting mech, much prefer the old style of springs etc
Danger close (If we ever get another cold night) :D

So the liquid metal showed up today... and had massive gains bro!

How is it possible? During a quick torture test I shaved 25*F with the fans on idle
And shaved 30*F with all the fans on full throttle.
That is an insane improvement, anyone else getting numbers like this?

It's also allowing me to run 5.5GHz much easier than before, and without the chiller attached.

Soldato

How is it possible? During a quick torture test I shaved 25*F with the fans on idle

It's also allowing me to run 5.5GHz much easier than before, and without the chiller attached.

c'mon then wheres that 5.7g???? nice gains in temps, my last run was with liquid metal. 3 hours spent benching and everything is stained!!

Soldato

wow! will give that a go ... any specific type? might also bin cheapo 240mm aio and get a quality 360mm, whats likely improvement?

Associate
OP
wow! will give that a go ... any specific type? might also bin cheapo 240mm aio and get a quality 360mm, whats likely improvement?
I actually used a cheaper version known as silver king liquid metal. Made by thermalright. I bet they all work prettty well tho. Although this brand works for me they advertised one gram of liquid metal but it was more like 2/3gram. Still, enough for one CPU.

Yes. get that done on your rig post haste. You will never go back thermal paste.

Associate
First time on Overclockers, so apologies for any faux pas with rules and posting and stuff.

Just run CPU-Z for the first time and submitted my results, i7-12700k, here: https://valid.x86.fr/h74twq. It's turned out pretty well, but how can I see how other i7s faired? I guess by going through this forum right? :D

Screenshot-2022-03-13-130304.png
Screenshot-2022-03-13-130244.png

Associate
OP
First time on Overclockers, so apologies for any faux pas with rules and posting and stuff.

Just run CPU-Z for the first time and submitted my results, i7-12700k, here: https://valid.x86.fr/h74twq. It's turned out pretty well, but how can I see how other i7s faired? I guess by going through this forum right? :D

Screenshot-2022-03-13-130304.png
Screenshot-2022-03-13-130244.png

I usually post the update leaderboard after new subs come in, so if you look back a page or two your will see the most current leaderboard available.

EDIT: thanks for your sub. Get u added today most likely, or tomorrow if I run out of time.

Associate
The single thread performance on the latest intel cpu's is insane compared to Ryzen.

I can just about scrape 700 on a 5950x.

I'll be curious to see how AMD and Intel stack up on their next releases.

Associate
OP
c'mon then wheres that 5.7g???? nice gains in temps, my last run was with liquid metal. 3 hours spent benching and everything is stained!!

Have some cold weather coming up... I lost my barrow D5 pump last week, so it will be down to two pumps, but that should be fine. Only reason for the third pump was because it was imploding the lines on the outtake (or post) from the CPUz, because
A) The heatkiller IV is very restrictive
B) to much pull, not enough push

I am putting together a new rig right now based on the HP Z840 rig, so I will focus on multi core result as well because it will have two processors for a total of 36T/72T and I do believe these CPUs can be turbo hacked.

Back
Top Bottom