Crash this morning

Soldato
I was on the main road and the car coming out the left side road edged out a little and stopped, so I assumed he seen me and was waiting.

Then as I got really close he was looking left and just pulled out, I had about half a second before impact.

I crushed my chest into tank and then me and bike fell over, Police, firetruck and ambulance turned up.

I was taken to hospital as I have very bad neck and spine pain.

Not what you need on a Friday

Bike being collected now and I gave the police my dashcam footage.
I need to sort the insurance side of things later today.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lucky, that is the typical sort of description of bike accidents in my rural B-road area and it usually ends much worse than that

Soldato
OP
Thank you all

I called my insurance it was really easy going over everything and my bike being collected Tuesday and a courtesy bike dropped off at the same time.

I am out of hospital now and just healing my wounds.

Hopefully I will be back to work Wednesday if I am feeling up to it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Oof happened to my brother and he gave up biking, fortunately was observed by a policeman as the driver just drove off.

Man of Honour
Get well soon! On the plus side it doesn't sound like it was as serious as it could have been.

I still remember probably not long after I passed my test so 9ish years ago, I was coming down the hill where I used to live and made eye contact with a driver waiting to come out on my left while keeping eye contact they just started to pull out.

Luckily I wasn't going fast and I'd already preempted it might happen so managed to stop but that one moment has stuck in my memory all those years even though I can't remember what I did at the weekend come Monday some weeks :o

These days I have a quick look to see if the driver is actually alert and not checking their phone then just watch their wheels as it's the easiest part to see if they start to move.

Soldato
It's a 2013 Honda CBR 500, the front fairing cracked and other bits will need fixing.

My insurance picking it up Tuesday for a inspection.

Were the forks/steering OK afterwards? They seem to be pretty strict these days on writing off bikes if there is any suggestion of steering damage. I thought mine was perfectly fixable after an accident, but they condemned it regardless!

Soldato
Were the forks/steering OK afterwards? They seem to be pretty strict these days on writing off bikes if there is any suggestion of steering damage. I thought mine was perfectly fixable after an accident, but they condemned it regardless!
This was the reason my then year old, 2018 Street Triple RS was nearly written off! Had a guy reverse into it, and the forks were both changed as a matter of course - think I was just under a grand away from the threshold before they deemed it uneconomical to repair

Soldato
OP
Thank you all :)

I am not sure, they look okay but the dash has pushed upwards out of the fairing a little so it could damaged :(

My father inlaw had a trailer so he picked up the bike so it was no in another town for days.

Back
Top Bottom