Crucial 32gb (2x16gb) cl16 3600 BL2K16G36C16U4B - Single Rank

Associate
If you run 4 sticks of this Crucial Ballistix 3600 (either 16Gb or 8Gb assuming they are both dual rank) so you are quad ranked, should it run at its advertised XMP timings (16-18-18-38)?

Cheers.

Associate
If you run 4 sticks of this Crucial Ballistix 3600 (either 16Gb or 8Gb assuming they are both dual rank) so you are quad ranked, should it run at its advertised XMP timings (16-18-18-38)?

Cheers.

The 8GB sticks only come in single rank afaik.

From what I've seen quad rank per channel can sometimes cause issues and will result in slightly worse performance than a dual rank setup if clocked exactly the same. Stick to dual rank if you can.

This is from 2nd hand info not 1st hand experience so don't take my word for it. Haven't seen many benchmarks proving this other than https://youtu.be/0oL-SedTy8Y?t=341

Associate
thats has to be a recent thing...and probably hit and miss if you do decide to order a set of these

Yeah that's the annoying thing. Some people have received SR B-die when they want DR E-die so are trying to figure out a way to differentiate the 2 before buying. Maybe they've switched over to B-die now and it's only the older stuff that was E-die but plenty of people are still getting E-die that have bought them recently. When did you buy yours?

Soldato
Yeah that's the annoying thing. Some people have received SR B-die when they want DR E-die so are trying to figure out a way to differentiate the 2 before buying. Maybe they've switched over to B-die now and it's only the older stuff that was E-die but plenty of people are still getting E-die that have bought them recently. When did you buy yours?
quite recently early last months.

Soldato
What would the downside be of mixing the 32gb kit of these and a 16gb kit together. The timings are the same and would give you 24GB in each channel. Would the benefit of the extra ram outweigh the cons?

Soldato
To be honest I didn't preference red but white and that order got lost so I had to reorder red. I like it and with red cables will go well in my white case.

Associate
Maybe it's to do with the date of manufacture and since the red sticks are less popular there not being sold as fast so your more likely to get an older set.

I might be wrong, but have all the people reporting single rank bought the red sticks. I realise this could be our coincidence, but just asking.

I got my red kit 16gb x2 late October, listed DR on cpuz and thaiphoon burner, one stick manufactured on week 39 and the other on week 40 this year

Soldato
the new single rank must be really recent stuff like last 3-4 weeks manufacturing unless they started to be mixing it up.

mine is week 39 2020 which is end of september

Back
Top Bottom