Crysis 3 CONFIRMED!

Soldato
Crysis was a good game, but built its reputation on its visuals.

Crysis 2 looked worse than Crysis 1 imo, and it seems the other aspects of the game (gameplay, story etc) weren't improved either.

If Crysis 3 is going to be on consoles, it's going to be the best looking shooter consoles have ever seen, but it's going to suck on pc.

The problem also lies with consumers. The original Crysis was way ahead of its time and still looks awesome in 2012, 5 years after release. At the time, everyone was complaining about how they couldn't run it on full settings etc. So Crytek decided not to push boundaries with Crysis 2 and instead made it run on contemporary hardware.

Soldato
Crysis was a good game, but built its reputation on its visuals.

Crysis 2 looked worse than Crysis 1 imo, and it seems the other aspects of the game (gameplay, story etc) weren't improved either.

If Crysis 3 is going to be on consoles, it's going to be the best looking shooter consoles have ever seen, but it's going to suck on pc.

The problem also lies with consumers. The original Crysis was way ahead of its time and still looks awesome in 2012, 5 years after release. At the time, everyone was complaining about how they couldn't run it on full settings etc. So Crytek decided not to push boundaries with Crysis 2 and instead made it run on contemporary hardware.

I agree.

I think if Crysis 3 utilised cryengine3 to it's full potential, it will bring current console hardware to it's knees, hence back to multiplatform direction where nice money is to be made.

I would love to see the full usage of cryengine3 on pc though and see what it can lead to :(

Soldato
I agree.

I think if Crysis 3 utilised cryengine3 to it's full potential, it will bring current console hardware to it's knees, hence back to multiplatform direction where nice money is to be made.

I would love to see the full usage of cryengine3 on pc though and see what it can lead to :(

Surely they'd be basing Crysis 3 on cryengine 4?

Soldato
Surely they'd be basing Crysis 3 on cryengine 4?

http://www.develop-online.net/news/...aign=Feed:+developmag/ifbh+(Develop)#after_ad

“We've been planning for next gen development since we started CryEngine 3,” he said.

“We'll be showing more on this during 2012. We don't need to rebuild our engine to deal with higher spec gaming devices, which will come on line in the next few years.”

http://source.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=355&t=84041

There won't be cryengine 4 in near future as crytek deems that cryengine3 is more than powerful enough for next gen games;)

Soldato
Will be another terrible console port

I will continue playing the first which is still the game with THE best graphics on PC or any console and its almost 5 years old!

Soldato
Soldato
Will be another terrible console port

I will continue playing the first which is still the game with THE best graphics on PC or any console and its almost 5 years old!

Agree.

Take any raw games including Crysis (+ Warhead) and it beats other games hands down especially in vast outdoor setting.

The other day I was playing warhead and the level of detail in the forest area just before getting into submarine is breath taking with nice water flow. It just feels like you are there!! :cool:

I can stare at the scenery all day and still not be bored.

Last edited:
Soldato
Original Crysis and Crysis Warhead are amazing games, not just for the visuals. Put simply, you need to experience Crysis on maximum settings at 60+fps, it's a totally different experience. Yes, Crysis is playable at 30fps, but it's too slow for quick headshots and switching between suit modes rapidly. Just checkout the Crysis Ironman videos on youtube to see just how fun the game can be. I've played through it four times now and never get bored of it because every play through is different.

Played properly, you're basically like a Predator, hunting down marines. If only someone made a Predator game using Cryengine 2/3 ... drool ....

Last edited:
Soldato
Original Crysis and Crysis Warhead are amazing games, not just for the visuals.... switching between suit modes rapidly... Played properly, you're basically like a Predator, hunting down marines. If only someone made a Predator game using Cryengine 2/3 ... drool ....

Nail on head. A lot of Crysis haters tried to play it like a COD pigeon shoot and came off butthurt imo

crysis2011090415035328.jpg

I posted this in the screenshot thread. While attacking the compound in "Recovery" I did a quick scan left and right to see if I was being flanked and spotted the rainbow over the waterfall. Gobsmacking. The graphics really add to the game, but it isn't a graphics over gameplay situation ;)

crysis2011041703274909.jpg

Tessellation? Pft

Last edited:
Soldato
Nail on head. A lot of Crysis haters tried to play it like a COD pigeon shoot and came off butthurt imo

crysis2011090415035328.jpg

I posted this in the screenshot thread. While attacking the compound in "Recovery" I did a quick scan left and right to see if I was being flanked and spotted the rainbow over the waterfall. Gobsmacking. The graphics really add to the game, but it isn't a graphics over gameplay situation ;)

crysis2011041703274909.jpg

Tessellation? Pft

Just Beautiful!! :cool:

Klo

Klo

Soldato
Crysis 2 with the HD textures and DX11 patch is technically superior to Crysis 1, it just seems people either prefer the art style of Crysis 1, or are just bashing it like everyone else to be cool.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Crysis 2 with the HD textures and DX11 patch is technically superior to Crysis 1, it just seems people either prefer the art style of Crysis 1, or are just bashing it like everyone else to be cool.

Crysis 2 has more post processing and sparkly 'ooo shiny' things than Crysis as they sacrificed scale to achieve that (hence the enclosed city setting).

Crysis as a whole looks much more impressive due to it's scale.

Also, Crysis hardly lacks in technical gorgeousness :p

Crysis_LV6_3.jpg

Crysis_LV6_14.jpg

Core_L5_1.jpg

Crysis_LV6_2.jpg

Crysis_LV6_11.jpg

Man of Honour
Crysis 2 was mostly urban setting, so they added brown, grey, bloom, and a lot of blur. I didn't like it myself, I prefered the colourful jungle settings of 1.

Plus the pics in the post above really show how beautiful it can be!

Soldato

I don't really agree here. I think this is Crytek's fault. They released a game that was unplayable by the vast majority of gamers, that is, if you wanted it to run decent and look remotely good. At low settings it was pretty dire, worse than Far cry, released 3 years earlier by the same developers.

I am a huge fan of Crysis 1 and Warhead, but I gave up attempting to play them and waited till i had a much more powerful computer (2 years ago). And then I really enjoyed them, so much that i rank them among the greatest games I have played.

I understand why many people weren't willing to wait, and why the game got a rep as a tech demo rather than a game. This isn't a consumer problem, it's just that crytek released a game the market wasn't ready for, and didn't account for it by having a decent fallback (better visuals at low quality settings). That's an engine problem, thus, the developer's fault.

Soldato
saw this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOwF6D9KBtM&feature=related on youtube as a leaked crysis 3 video . Dunno if its actual crysis 3 though !

Could be Crysis2 mod level.

Crysis 2 has more post processing and sparkly 'ooo shiny' things than Crysis as they sacrificed scale to achieve that (hence the enclosed city setting).

Crysis as a whole looks much more impressive due to it's scale.

Also, Crysis hardly lacks in technical gorgeousness :p

Crysis_LV6_3.jpg

Crysis_LV6_14.jpg

Core_L5_1.jpg

Crysis_LV6_2.jpg

Crysis_LV6_11.jpg

Yeah Crysis as a whole felt deeper in terms of story, terrain and satisfaction. Crysis 2 although a good game doesn't have the same impact as Crysis1.

Back
Top Bottom