Crysis 3 official, release date is 2013

Soldato
Crysis looked better than Crysis 2 imo, and it doesn't look like Crysis 3 is going to look a lot better.

vegetation is much easier to get right than buildings, the trucks/ cars/ barrels/ AI/ guns look great, it's the building textures, they look no better than Borderlands/ Deux Ex.

the 1st Crysis was excellent for vegetation/ sunsets/ sea, but this is miles easier to do than a complicated city environment.

the 3rd Crysis will look better, because a collapsing city being slowly reclaimed by nature will look awesome.... should do !

the problem with the 3rd game will be :-
1....awkward very sluggish gameplay, compared to any other shooter i've ever played..... he just cant move at all without the Nanosuit commands turned on

Soldato
This has probably been mentioned so many times before but ive just clocked on.

Is this game seriously £54.99 on Origin? Oh my sweet lord. Contains about 7 pieces of useless DLC as well as the previous 2 games.

Cannot believe these publishers charge console prices these days.

Associate
gunna pirate this badboy just as a token of my disgust towards EA

What kind of utterly incomprehensibly stupid logic is that? If you think the price is too high then don't buy it, full stop. Oh wait, but of course it's one of your human rights to play these games right? It's people like you that are the ones carrying out the disgusting deeds, much more than EA.

For the record I agree that the price is way to high. The solution to this is to not buy the game on release and wait for the price to drop. If they have poor sales then they'll get the message that nobody is going to pay these prices, but if piracy is high then they have something to deflect the blame onto.

Last edited:
Associate
I enjoyed Crysis 2 from what I played, but that was not much.

The original was quite good apart from the alien section inside the ship, the out oif the alien ship part was still good.

No problems fighting with aliens as long as it is done well.

Crysis 3 should be good, hopefully.

They could get more people into PC gaming if they focussed on it.

Dont get many threads of here of people migrating to consoles, more the other way round. PC gaming is growing again I think.

And I for one will not ever pirate a PC game again (since I got my new PC that I know will play all games, this is how I am rolling!)

Soldato
i wont be paying more than £29.99 for it. I will wait till its reduced in price.

I WILL NOT pay console prices for a PC game.

Soldato
http://venturebeat.com/2012/12/14/c...3s-graphics-for-at-least-two-years-interview/
GamesBeat: Is there anything else that will be your most direct competition, then, in terms of graphics quality?

Yerli: No game that I know of. Well, there’s another one that we’re doing. [laughs] Crysis 3 on PC is going to be a benchmark experience for at least two years. When I see what’s happening on the PC market, and even what we do. The PC market is not going to grow vastly more before a lot of games catch up. We had the same thing with the first Crysis on PC. When Crysis launched, it was the high-end benchmark for a good three years. I think Crysis 3 is going to do that again.

Soldato
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/agnis-philosophy-characters-tech-demos/

According to Japanese websites GameWatch and 4Gamer, Agni’s Philosophy was running on a single GTX 680 that was paired with an i7-3770K (at 3.5GHz) and 32 GB of RAM. As GameWatch suggests, this tech demo did not stress the aforementioned machine much, meaning that such graphics can be easily achieved by high-end PC systems. The tech demo used 1.8GB of texture data and was said to be running with a combination of MSAA and FXAA.
What’s also interesting is that, according to the 4Gamer article, the entire city was tessellated. We’ve been saying that tessellation would be a great technique that could potentially replace current LOD settings and eliminate pop-in, and it seems we were right. Moreover, and by using this technique, Agni’s Philosophy pushed scenes with 10 million polygons. Kudos to Square Enix for doing so.
Last but not least, the tech demo was running at 60fps – on that PC system that was described above – and not at 30fps. Impressive, right?

Someone just called Cervat's bluff. :D

Back
Top Bottom